Travel | Planning Our Anniversary Trip
The celebrations for our 10 year anniversary continue...
We're headed to Morocco + Portugal (w/ a quick stop in Spain) this September, and I'd LOVE to hear any and all recommendations you have for the cities on our list!Here's the itinerary so far:
- Geneva, Switzerland (for a quick bit of jet lag recovery) -- Still need to book our hotel, and will probably only have time for maybe one great spot to eat or see.
- Marrakech, Morocco -- This is probably the spot that I'm most excited about at the moment! We already have a riad lined up (complete with a spa day at the hammam!) and I can already tell you that the strolling and shopping is going to be epic.
- Chefchaouen, Morocco -- A quick one-night stop in "the blue city" on our way further North... We're actually taking an overnight train to squeeze this in and I'm already daydreaming about the quaint little corners and some laid-back exploring.
- Cadiz, Spain -- From the top of Africa, we'll take a ferry across to Tarifa, Spain and then rent a car to drive up and around the coastline to spend one night in Cadiz before our next main stop. Still need to find a hotel here, and am super curious to see what this little town has to offer.
- Lagos, Portugal -- Finding a great beach resort (that is also close to town) has actually been pretty tricky. I've booked our Plan B as a back-up but my fingers are majorly crossed that we can get on a waiting list for our first choice. Looking forward to lounging by the pool and taking a kayak tour of the incredible lagoons!
- Lisbon, Portugal -- Wrapping up our trip in a city that has been high on my list. We're staying at a darling airbnb in the Bairro Alto neighborhood, and I have heard such fun things about the nightlife and charming streets! Still looking for a few great places to eat, and anything that serves vegetables (ha) and has a great view is always at the top of my list.
Guys, I can hardly believe it but this is the first major trip that G and I have planned together in TEN years of marriage, and it has been SUCH an interesting project so far.
We've been talking about Summer Travel for a whole season on our podcast, and it makes me laugh to realize how many times I've thought during our planning, "Well, at least this will make a good story for the show!"
Seems likely that we'll be saying those exact words a lot throughout our adventure. Of course we will be posting in real-time on insta-stories, so keep an eye out for updates and I can't wait to share more! *Gorgeous Marrakech riad photo from here.