Beauty Bite // Get That Summer Glow
I'm a seasonal swapper when it comes to using certain beauty products throughout different times of the year, and with the quickly changing make-up market - I love that it gives me a chance to update (and fall in love) with a new list of favorites every few months.Tomorrow's episode of the podcast had G and I talking about make-up this week, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my current favorites as I toss them into my summer travel bag for our Marriage is Funny On The Road tour.
Here's a quick run-down of what I'm loving lately:
- Murad Detoxifying White Clay Mask - This is actually a body product that I (only accidentally) started using on my face in the shower, but I absolutely LOVE the tingly feeling that comes after rinsing it off and the tightness of my skin that is noticeably different on the days that I remember to use it.
- Neutrogena Hydro-boost Eye Gel - A tiny and unassuming blue tube has raised the game of my entire make-up bag. I first tried this goo as a small sample back in July, and quickly blew through the first bit before running out to buy more. I gently pat it along the under-eye area after rinsing my face each morning, and the hyaluronic acid seems to give the sensitive skin there a huge boost.
- Chosungah 22 Dual Lip Tint + Gloss - I rarely bother with real lipstick during the hot summer months, but it's tough to resist such an easy burst of color when it's so close at hand. I've spent years trying different lip stains, without any overwhelming response, but this version actually lasts ALL day and comes with a handy gloss on the opposite end. (Might I recommend the reddish color for evening, and their punchy orange for a natural looking popsicle-like stain?)
- Fake Bake 5 Minute Mousse - My current training schedule has me in the sun quite a bit, and having a runner's tan while wearing a bikini has topped my list of LEAST favorite ways to be recognized by friends at the beach. (Happened once. No joke.) This formula shows up on your skin the moment it makes contact, and since you don't have to wait a few hours to see it develop, I never have weird lines or splotchiness like I do with other brands. The only other thing I'll mention is that you'll DEFINITELY want to use the rubber gloves that come with the bottle, and otherwise you might have to rely on my self-tanner-hand trick to keep away the orange. ;)
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue - Did I ever tell you that I was in a bareMinerals informercial last year?! It was right around the time that we were in Long Beach for the winter, and I'm just now realizing that I should have shared a clip with you here... Anyway - I've been a fan of this line for over 15 years (really!) and could not possible have loved their products more until I tried their latest primer-meets-SPF-meets-perfectly-light-and-creamy-coverage. The only other words that come to mind involve me flat-out BEGGING you to try it, so I'll leave it at that and cross my fingers you get a chance to see for yourself.
- Crest Pro-Health HD Two-Step Whitening - Smiles are pretty serious business in our household, and I love freshening mine up with a whitener every once in a while. The trouble with typical stain removers is that they leave my teeth feeling sensitive, and don't always get the most long-lasting results. This new two-step process seems to lift and polish much better than before, and I saw a noticeable difference in just less than one week.
- LiftLab Lift + Firm Eye Cream - I met with one of LiftLab's aestheticians for a facial a few months ago, and she swore by the effectiveness of this slick green cell-based moisturizer. The genius behind it is based on pure science, and while it doesn't seem to sink all the way in like other eye creams I've used, I have definitely noticed that the fine lines on my face seem less noticeable on the morning after I apply it. (It is also said to lighten the area, but hop over to read how I hide my own dark circles right here.)
- Olay Regenerist Overnight Mask - I keep a tub of this cooling gel right on my night stand, and have found that slathering it on right before I get into bed seems like perfect way to relax after powering down. My skin seriously glows in the morning, and the lightweight formula feels is a great alternative to my usual oil-based nighttime options.
Now that you've had a sneak peek at my own summer beauty routine, I'd love to hear your current favorites in the comments below!
AND If you're interested in listening in on a man's opinion of how/why women wear make-up, be sure to sign up for our newsletter right here and I'd love to have you tune in to tomorrow's show!
*This line-up includes a mix of things that I've been gifted and purchased for myself, but the words and opinions are 100% my own!