[Out of] the Kitchen // Picnic Essentials
We're heading out to the Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic at Liberty State Park today with a fun group of friends, and I'm so excited to watch the pretty horses set against a beautiful view of the Hudson. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for anything that involves eating outdoors, and that's why it seemed perfectly appropriate to have today's round-up include some of my favorite picnic necessities, plus a super cute blanket-lounging look.
Speaking of blanket-lounging: There is a huge picnic supply sale happening over at One Kings Lane today... Check it out, and let me know if you snatch up any goodies!
Are you a picnic-person? I always love seeing what everyone ends up bringing to eat/share... what's your favorite dish for these types of outdoor summer events?
1. Straw Fedora, $23 - Gotta keep the sun outta those eyes and off the face! I also pack my sunscreen for a daytime picnic, so that I can reapply every so often. I swear by this quick-dry spray for body, and this under-makeup moisturizer for face.
2. S'well Wine Bottle, $45 - Many parks and beaches have laws against having glass containers, so if you're bringing vino with you, be sure to transfer it into a sealable bottle like this one before you go! Might also be a good idea to check on the laws about having open containers of alcohol, as well.
3. Picnic Basket (on sale!), $149 - This is a pretty fancy option, but a lot like the vintage one we have (which was $5). There's a much more affordable $54 version here.
4. Collapsable Grill, $59 - How cool is this?! For someone who no longer has a private outdoor space (meaning: no grill), this would be perfect to tote to the park or the beach when we want to cook our food there! Plus, I have so many "grilled" recipes that I want to try!
5. White Linen DVF Dress (on sale!), $78 - Ok, I know I just posted about DVF yesterday, but I have been pining over this pretty dress for a while, and just saw that it went majorly on sale! (Leave it to my fave online shop, The Outnet, to deliver up gorgeous designer duds at a great price.) A white dress will keep you cooler than any other color, and this cotton linen makes a great breathable material for those
sweaty sunny days! ;)
6. Flat Leather Sandals, $42 - Comfy, easy to slip off, and a great color for all season - love wearing that dark green as a neutral, too!
7. Suede Satchel, $78 - Sling it over your shoulder instead of a purse and use it to hold your phone, lip gloss and wallet so that your hands are free for toting the basket and a bright striped Mexican serape blanket like this one.
8. Portable Low Picnic Table, $31 - Pretty sure we need this in our al fresco lives, STAT. Would prevent SO many messes and make it easier to set your glasses and plates down without spills!
9. Burt's Bees Natural Bug Repellant, $8 - I'm a total mosquito magnet, but HATE using harsh chemical based sprays... I've used this plant-oil based version for the last two summers, and it works SO well without the gross-smell and unfortunate side effects for people with sensitive skin.
10. Two-toned Round Tortoise Sunnies, $ - Super cute shades. 'Nough said. :)