The basic black turtleneck has officially and somewhat sneakily become the staple of my winter uniform for this year.
I could list about three dozen reasons why this item is THE BEST layering piece for any cold weather wardrobe, but my guess is that you’re reading this post because you already agree. :)
(Currently wearing this one at my desk and it’s actually a part of the big Shopbop sale this week! FYI: you’ll want to size down if you’re looking for more of a body-hugging fit.)
For the sake of a little brainstorming, here are a few of the fun ways I’d love to style mine up before Spring:
– With ripped skinnies + my patent black loafers. Scarf tied in ponytail to make it instantly upgraded (and Audrey-approved.)
– With colored crops that have an edgy army-inspired flare. Add some glam with earrings + strappy heels for Spring.
– With a floral wrap skirt and western style booties. Plus my floppy felt hat for a weekend outing with girlfriends.
– With these cat-lady trousers that would make it completely fair to start calling me “crazy pants.”
– With simple black (stretchy!) skinnies + my fave leopard mules to jazz things up. Giant gold hoop earrings for extra credit.