Alright, it’s time to dish about some celebrity style… Did you catch the red carpet coverage for the Oscars on Sunday night?
My faves from this season seemed much more subdued than in past years, but after looking at them side by side I realized that this black, red & metallic theme is really doing it for me right now!
Here’s the breakdown:
1. // NAOMI WATTS – This photo doesn’t even do the look justice because she appeared to be GLOWING every time I saw her on-camera in real time. Her gorgeous Armani dress incorporated a mix of texture and geometric pattern to keep things interesting, and that little black bandeau added just the right amount of edge. You know I love a good risk-taker, and the unexpectedness of layering in such a dressed-up setting was a pleasant surprise.
2. // GIULIANA RANCIC – Ok, aside from her snide remark about Renaya – I thought Giuliana nailed it across the board. Her red dress by Mireille Dagher was absolutely stunning and I couldn’t help but daydream about having the exact same one hanging in my closet. (Ya know… for all of those red carpet events I attend… HA.)
The impeccable color, the sheer paneling and embellished details were all just perfection in my book, and even though I almost ALWAYS stay away from a cap sleeve silhouette, I would totally bend my rules for this little number. The nipped in waistline makes her narrow frame appear curvier than normal, and that’s an optical illusion I plan on trying to recreate. Another note: I wasn’t sure how I felt about her new hair color at first, but it definitely grew on me and in the end I decided that I like it much better than the last time I saw her in person.
3. // MARGOT ROBBIE – Holy Shisito Peppers, people. This Yves Saint Laurent gown (far too elegant to be called just a dress) was one of my early favorites, and it reminded me that I actually have a few sheer long-sleeve options in my closet (like this vintage fave!) that are just dying to be worn when the weather gets warmer. I overheard a few negative remarks about her necklace choice (by Van Cleef & Arpels), but TOTALLY love that she paired a black dress with bright lips and colored gemstones. The blunt bob was perfectly en pointe (on fleek?!) and is defintely making me miss having much blonder hair.
Another thing I noticed was that there was SOOOO much white and pastel! Marion Cotilliard, Lupita Nyong’o, Julianne Moore, Kerry Washington, Chrissy Teigen, Octavia Spencer, Lady Gaga, Faith Hill and EVEN Jared Leto (oh brother).
- Bandeaus are the best. I wear them all summer, but can’t wait to pair mine with something sequined.
- Lips in merlot, berry and fire engine red are always my faves. Note: Always use liner!
- Quite the plethora of pastels… What did you think about the lack of bold colors?
- Definitely going back to the blunt bob as my next hairstyle. Maybe a super-light blonde in the meantime?
- Now it’s your turn to dish… Tell me which looks you loved most!