Spice up your Space // His + Hers

September 2, 2014

my-paradissi-pbright-bedroom-sara-landstedt We’re in full-on nesting mode here at Casa de Pepper, and now that I’m outnumbered by dudes (little brother moved in to our new place with us last weekend!), I’m paying more attention to making our apartment a good blend of masculine classics softened with quirky feminine details.

After stumbling across some gorgeous images over here, it occurred to me that being drawn to such a variety of styles can make finding the perfect balance a little bit tricky… Can you relate?

I could honestly go either way on the decor of the two lovely bedrooms below, but it seems like there must be a way that I can find a sweet spot right in between.

I’ll keep you posted on how things come together, and until then – would love to hear your ideas on mixing up a look that is equal parts bold and beautiful!

Ps. – Which of these rooms could you see most in your own home?

Soft & Girly f0a685c2279886d83c32bbda1d8e604a

Bold & Boyish b9406cef4b8dee3ba50643c0bc8962cd

*Images // Simple & Bright (from My Paradissi), Bold & Boyish (from Home Life via A Cup of Jo), Soft & Girly (from Homestyle Mag via Fancy)

Hop on the list for love notes from the bottom of my very full heart!

• Reply Jess Zimlich September 2, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Soft and girly, but I’m selfish ;) I also like the idea of a statement wall, painted in deep navy, while keeping everything else light and airy :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue September 7, 2014 at 6:40 pm

LOVE the idea of a navy wall… We just recovered our couch in navy velvet, and a corresponding swatch of paint would be super pretty. :)

• Reply Steam carpet cleaning Dartford September 3, 2014 at 3:32 am

I can see that soft and girly design in my home, it’s more like me. I don’t like a lot the dark wall colours, prefer something white or peach :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue September 7, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Warm peach-y tones are SO pretty on walls… There is a coral wall that I keep seeing on Pinterest, and I can’t get it out of my mind!

• Reply erin | house of earnest September 3, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Most of the stuff is our home is totally neutral. My husband is oddly picky about our design and that it isn’t too feminine, so I like to use a ton of shine and metallics which stay neutral but let me still be girly ;)

• Reply Jessie Artigue September 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I remember you saying that he loves having a say in things and I think that is awesome! For the record – We are seriously relying on our Grandiflora pillowcases to add a little universally-loved glam to our new couch. :) XOXO

• Reply Dianna @ Chard in Charge September 4, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I can SO relate. My boyfriend and I are in the process of buying our first home and I keep panicking about our decor because we won’t have a lot to spend and I want our house to not look like we just threw a bunch of stuff in it. Maybe start with a color palate and work from there? xo

• Reply Jessie Artigue September 7, 2014 at 6:52 pm

So exciting and major congrats! I learned the hard way on our first go around that it’s MUCH better to be patient and save up for the pieces that you’ll love for longer… We kind of threw things together in our first place, and then kept feeling compelled to re-do things! (Which totally stinks and is counterintuitive to the whole “saving money” thing in the first place!) Picking a color-palate first is a GREAT call. ;)

• Reply Friday Finds 10.3 | BHG Style Spotters October 3, 2014 at 12:45 pm

[…] a huge advocate for natural light, and I love the light and airy feel of this bedroom from Style & Pepper, and the subtle feminine touches incorporated with the design. This would […]

• Reply Friday Finds - Jack & Jill HouseJack & Jill House October 6, 2015 at 12:34 am