Let’s Party // Happy Joeywarming!

September 29, 2014

IMG_3485

It’s true that being a great host can involve a lot of moving parts, but I’m a fan of making life MORE fun and LESS frantic whenever I can.

We recently had a little “Joeywarming Party” at Casa de Pepper (welcoming my little brother into our home and celebrating the new space that the 3 of us now share!), and Santa Margherita helped us make sure that all of the guests has something special to sip on.

IMG_3470 Mr. Pepper and I are big fans of serving tasty, pre-mixed cocktails when we’re hosting a crowd, and keeping our hands free from playing bartender all night gives me a chance to hug and dance and have a great time at our own parties. ;)

Creating a simpler version of something seasonal can absolutely feel festive enough to skip a more complicated drink menu, and this Apple Ginger Fizz that Mr. Pepper and I mixed up was happily a big hit (Have I mentioned we love making things together?)

IMG_3465

Apple Ginger Fizz:

+ 1 bottle of prosecco or sparkling white wine
+ 1 cup of ginger ale (we use sugar-free)
+ A splash of apple cider vinegar

Serve by stirring in a dollop of fresh apple puree, and garnish with an apple slice!

IMG_3508 We also had plenty of Santa Margherita chianti on hand for those who prefer something a little darker (like me!), and everyone was SO generous in bringing along extras, that our barcart is practically stocked for the rest of the year!

Ps. – Want something alcohol-free that feels just as fun for Fall?  Take a peek at my Healthy Cider-ade recipe, and add a dash of cinnamon for an extra super-food boost! ;)

• Reply KATERINA September 29, 2014 at 7:52 am

You are so pretty in the last image, love your dress!

• Reply kelsey September 29, 2014 at 10:07 am

yum! that apple cocktail looks lovely
    ladies in navy

• Reply Sam September 30, 2014 at 10:30 am

It was a fantastic party, and that prosecco cocktail was super tasty! xoxo

• Reply Bibi September 30, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Looks like fun!! X

• Reply Cameron Udy Las Vegas NV Info October 6, 2014 at 10:14 am

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful info particularly the last part :) I care for such
    info much. I was looking for this certain info
    for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

• Reply salsa dance lessons October 7, 2014 at 8:03 am

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop,
    just so she can be a youtube sensation. My
    iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

• Reply shoulder surgery recovery patients Denver October 8, 2014 at 11:35 am

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

• Reply Sarah October 15, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Hi! I have a pixie cut too and I was wondering if you could share how you styled your hair in that last frame? I can’t quite seem to master it yet! Thank you!

• Reply Jessie Artigue October 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Ahhhh, to be honest, Sarah – I feel I’m still learning how to master it, myself! In these photos, it had air-dried the night before and because I don’t wash it more than once every few weeks, the product tends to make it easier to style over time. Usually just a spritz of water and scrunching/fluffing in the morning will do the trick. Ever since going this short I’ve been wishing that it had more texture, but it’s just so straight! Sorry to say that I don’t have more helpful tips, and good luck with your darling ‘do! XO

• Reply Nutrish & Delish // Apples | Style & Pepper October 27, 2014 at 1:23 pm

[…] Ps. – Looking for an apple idea with more of a fizzy buzz?  Check out the fall cocktail that Mr. Pepper and I made for you right here! […]

• Reply Coffee Talk with Jessie Artigue of Style and Pepper April 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

[…] we have a whole hutch devoted to bar essentials…. Mr. Pepper is a cocktail enthusiast and I love being his guinea pig. Brass bar tools, vintage glassware, my Nana’s crystal and at […]

• Reply Welcome to the new S+P! – Style & Pepper June 8, 2015 at 1:18 pm

[…] I’m still regularly freaking out over fun things like style and sweat sessions and sipping cocktails, but the beautifully tragic and triumphant matters of the heart will hopefully be popping up a bit […]