Living // August 2014

August 4, 2014

1nimu-500x639 Find more like this and see what I’m pinning right here

A few things currently floating through my mind, filling my heart and on the horizon for this season…

Starting to feel a bit more settled in our new space, but OH. SO. MANY. BOXES.

Moving furniture around and wondering if Mr. Pepper will let me put something pretty & patterend on the ceiling of the bathroom.

Reading a book about Bread & Wine and the stories are touching my heart like crazy.

Working on filming a new series of episodes for S&P TV… Any request? Tweet me with the hashtag #askjessiepepper and I’ll answer your questions in an upcoming video!

Loving my current pair of sunnies SO much that they inspired last week’s Pepper LetterHave you read it yet?

Wearing this quartz hinge cuff on repeat since it arrived last month… Not only is it my favorite new piece, but it reminds me of hiking with my grandpa when I was little – He loved teaching us how to look for rose quartz in the forest. :)

Eating an abundance of abundance bowls… The one I shared last week was a happy accident that I’m looking forward to making again.  (Love it when that happens!)

Looking for a few key pieces of furniture, and a set of wire dining chairs (like the ones above) are #1 on my shopping list.

Making this Raw Chia Tart with the leftover bounty of fresh New Jersey cherries in our fridge. Anyone want to come over for dessert? ;)

Feeling completely inspired by Justina’s thoughts on her post-pregnancy body. What a heartfelt message…  LOVE that lady!

Buying SO many weddings gifts lately… Majorly relying on this site to find clever gifts that any couple would love to put in their mouth! ;)

Planning for Mr. Pepper’s birthday trip to Vegas in a few weeks… He’s turning 30 and our close friends and family are meeting us there to celebrate.  Any recommendations for things that we can’t miss?

Trying not to buy anything fashion-related until my closet is completely unpacked, but these spotted heels are just too cute. On a related note: Does anyone have a trick for making my boots stand straight up on a shelf?

Watching WAY too many shows on HGTV… Home renovations are my guilty pleasure these days. Do you have a favorite house-flipping series?

Wanting nothing more than to have wireless internet to be set up in our new place. Enough said.

Noticing that the neighbors across the way can now see directly into our bedroom (which has no window coverings)… Might need to invest in this little pretty to avoid an accidental peep-show. Ha!

Pick your favorite “ing” and play along in the comments, will you?

Image found here.

Hop on the list for love notes from the bottom of my very full heart!

• Reply Maggie August 4, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Regarding making boots stand up straight in the closet, I vertically roll a few old magazines I can’t yet bear to part with and tuck them into the shaft. Works perfectly, and it’s free!

• Reply Briony August 4, 2014 at 12:30 pm

As for boots, cut-up pool noodles are fantastic :)

• Reply Jess Zimlich August 4, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Working: on challenging myself to step outside of my comfort zone and make the necessary changes to get where I want to be in life!

p/s I went to Treasure Island hotel in Vegas that had toilet bowl margaritas and they were so much fun!

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:04 am

LOVE the thought here, and might have to play along with yours, as well. :)

Ps. – I will admit that I am VERY excited to try and find an epic marg in LV! XO

• Reply Jeannine Gavlick August 4, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Hi Jessie,
    While in Vegas you should see the show La Reve at the Encore. It was incredible!!! It’s like cirque de sole but in water! For a little more money, you can get special seating, and a behind the scenes look on t.v. screens at where the performers go when they are under. They also serve champagne and strawberries champagne and strawberries. You will not be disappointed! Happy planning!
    Have a great week!

Jeannine

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:05 am

Thanks, Sweet Jeannine! This sounds super fun, and I’ll run it by the group!!! XO

• Reply Casey August 4, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Eee I can’t wait to see more pics of your new space, are you planning on sharing?

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:06 am

Definitely, Casey! Still have a decent amount of unpacking to do, but promise to at least share a few snippets soon. ;)

• Reply Naomi A August 5, 2014 at 7:24 am

I’m coming for dessert! I hope I’m not too late!

xoxo, The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:06 am

Haha – Not at all, girl! Door’s always open!

• Reply Alissa August 5, 2014 at 9:15 am

I use empty wine bottles in my boots!

• Reply Katie August 5, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Well, you’re just in time to catch HGTV’s “My Big Family Renovation.” I think it debuts Thursday, and it follows Jen Hatmaker (blogger/writer extraordinaire) and her family of 7 as they renovate a 100+ year-old Texas farm house.

Should be good!

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:07 am

Oh my gosh, DANG IT! I think I missed the first episode but will try to find a replay this week… Sounds amazing, and thanks for the head’s up!!!!!

• Reply StushiGal Style August 5, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I love those chairs in the picture and I know what you mean, HGTV tends to really suck you in, especially if you’re a big fan of home decor!

• Reply Chervelle Camille August 7, 2014 at 3:08 am

Regarding the boots inquest (although you’ve had a few suggestions already), I reuse empty paper towel rolls. Works well for me! It’s been a go-to for years.

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 11:08 am

You gals are KILLING IT with the boot stander-upper ideas. :) Might have to do a little round-up experiment using everyone’s ideas… Thank you SO much for the help!!!