Concrete Catwalk // Beachy Blues

August 6, 2014

IMG_2194

Last weekend, I learned that stormy Saturday weddings on the beach call for a collective effort from the guests to brighten up the day.  Luckily I had this little number on hand, and that’s EXACTLY what I aimed to do with my outfit on our visit to the shore last weekend…

Mr. Pepper married two of our dearest friends (such a fun part of his secret life as an ordained minister!) and we couldn’t believe that the ceremony missed getting rained on by mere minutes – Look at those stormy skies! (And my crazy wind-blown hair!)

Speaking of crazy: I’m currently OBSESSED with wearing mismatched earrings (used to do this all the time with my little charm earrings in high school), and now that people are selling gems like these, I can make it an effortless choice for nearly any occasion.  Have you tried this accessory trend yet?  Do I look ridiculous? ;)  I’m always a little surprised that I don’t get more “YOUR EARRINGS DON’T MATCH” remarks from people that I see in person!

Ps. – I may not have needed my favorite shades at the beach, but I recently wrote about using each moment to add a “lens” to your ever-growing collection of perspectivesWhat are your thoughts on using every twinkle in time to broaden our view?

IMG_2248

Top to Bottom // Bauble Bar mismatched earrings (sold out – try these!) & quartz hinged cuff, vintage rings, Issa zebra-print dress, Brahmin ‘Gemma’ bag*, Twill moto jacket*, Nina ‘Kalinda’ mules* // * Notes a gifted item.

IMG_2189 IMG_2174 IMG_2217 IMG_2265 IMG_2272 IMG_2257 IMG_2279 IMG_2205 IMG_2282 IMG_2193 IMG_2281

Hop on the list for love notes from the bottom of my very full heart!

• Reply Jess Zimlich August 6, 2014 at 9:53 am

STUNNING. As always. I think it’s so much fun that Mr. Pepper is an ordained minister. I bet that makes for great memories :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 10:44 am

You are right about that, Jess – SOOO many sweet ones! :)

• Reply kelsey August 6, 2014 at 10:06 am

i adore all of your jewelry!
    ladies in navy

• Reply Casey August 6, 2014 at 11:37 am

You look gorgeous, loving this print and the one shoulder effect.

• Reply Mary August 6, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Hallelujah for this post! I fell in love with this dress when you posted it on Instagram (literally, I’m *this* close to just buying the same damn thing), but was all “omg what shoes would I wear with it?? She’s barefoot and I have NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR!” So, I’m glad to see you successfully paired cute shoes with the dress! Now just contemplating my budget/need for the dress… it’s so adorable on you!

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 10:45 am

Thanks, Cutie Pie! Your comment put the BIGGEST smile on my face, and of course – am always VERY happy to help with important life choices like footwear. ;) XO

• Reply StushiGal Style August 6, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Beautiful dress! Love the colors, it’s so pretty! These pictures look great!

• Reply Lisa@Dreamz~n~Wishz August 7, 2014 at 2:07 am

I have been lost from your blog from the longest time and just found you again in the depths of my bookmarks.
    Had to tell you that you look absolutely stunning with this haircut. Like, wow!

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 9, 2014 at 10:54 am

Goodness – So sweet! Glad you’re back, and thank you so much for the kind words!

• Reply Sam August 7, 2014 at 10:50 pm

The one-shoulder looks especially gorgeous with your haircut! Love this print on you too!

xo
    Sam

• Reply S&P TV // DIY Salt Spray for Beachy Waves | Style & Pepper August 11, 2014 at 9:18 am

[…] – Even with my hair in it’s latest cropped cut, I learned last weekend that it still wants to wave up a bit in the salty air (PHEW!)… Looks like I’ll be […]

• Reply Jana August 11, 2014 at 9:45 pm

You look so gorgeous and tan!!! Love that dress! That looks like the perfect beach wedding! Hope you had a great time :)

xo Jana

• Reply J.Frost August 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Ooooh la la! The pattern and style of that dress together is out of the world! xo