Concrete Catwalk // A Peplum + PJs

July 2, 2014

IMG_1718

Being totally honest with you today: I was more than a bit skeptical about how this top would look on me when I picked it out online, but you know I’ve been a real sucker for anything in crispclean white lately.

Just a few clicks, and a late-night-glass-of-wine later annnnnnnnnd…

Here she is, and I’m more than a little surprised that I ended up loving the look.

Most of the time I have a hard time finding fitted tops that I can fill out properly (*ahem*), but finding something with a peplum waist provided just the right amount of structure while the deep v-neck makes a looser fit seem natural instead of empty.

Choosing something that was more tailored than I’m used to had me reaching for a pair of blousy silk pants to balance out the look, and made last week’s date-night feel a little less prissy and much more like a pajama party.

(Nothing wrong with that! *wink!*)

Check out the rest of the look and some great shopping options below!

Ps. – If you’re new here, (HI!) you should know about my love affair with crazy pants.  Kind of fun to look back on the last time I shared this pair on the blog last year!

IMG_1723
Top to Bottom // Black Sawn peplum tank*, Roman Luxe earrings*, Reiss satin structured clutch, Vintage tortoise bangles, ASOS printed silk pants, Dolce Vita gladiator heels // * Notes a gifted item.

IMG_1774
IMG_1692

IMG_1698

IMG_1725

IMG_1761

IMG_1731

IMG_1707

IMG_1770
IMG_1748
IMG_1768

Hop on the list for love notes from the bottom of my very full heart!

• Reply Jess Zimlich July 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I’m going to need your secret arm workout. You look amazing in this top!

• Reply Jessie Artigue July 2, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Pilateeeeeeesssssssss! ;)

(And thanks, girl!)

• Reply Emily Kuhlman July 3, 2014 at 6:53 am

Jess, I was going to ask the same thing! Jessie, do you do the machines or just the exercises?

• Reply kelsey July 2, 2014 at 1:35 pm

gorgeous pants and top pairing!
    ladies in navy

• Reply Jessica Thornton July 2, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Girlfriend, this look is everything. (And yes, your arms are amaze.)

• Reply Alyssa July 2, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Did you really spend $245 on a white top? Albeit beautiful, it’s two hundred forty-five dollars. Plus tax. This is crazy.

• Reply Jessie Artigue July 2, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Hi Alyssa! I was actually given this top by the brand (Black Swan), and it is currently available for $54 through the link in the “Top to Bottom” notation.

Though I understand where you’re coming from, I’m a firm believer that the occasional splurge (or investment) in a classic piece that can be worn for a long time is certainly justifiable if it is not an extension beyond your means.

I always try to include shopping options for all price points (hence the snazzy little carousel widget with the 14 other white peplum tanks above), and am happy to say that a handful of the pieces shown there are under $100 with a few as low as $30!

I’d love to know if you find something there that is more in your price range, and thanks so much for the feedback!

• Reply Lauren July 2, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I am absolutely loving this top! Pretty sure you look better in it than the model wearing it on the store’s website. LOVE!

• Reply Rachelle July 2, 2014 at 9:12 pm

You look so Fab, pinning this.

xo
    ​PinkSole​

• Reply jaana July 3, 2014 at 2:10 am

that top is STUNNING. you made the right choice.

• Reply J.Frost July 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Love this outfit!! And that top is DARLING!

• Reply erin | house of earnest July 22, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I LOVE this look! You look amazing (A) and (B) that peplum top is perfection!