My cooking and eating preferences involve a LOT of green, and as weird as it may sound – broccoli is indeed one of my all-time favorite foods!
It has a powerful combo of Vitamin C and fiber that our bodies turns into a cancer fighting weapon called sulforaphane, and can be a great way to add a bit of plant-based protein to your diet without any starch or fat.
Today’s Nutrish & Delish features 10 great ways to cook broccoli from the always delightful 101 Cookbooks, and if you’re skeptical about this cruciferous plant being as tasty as I claim, please start with the jaw-dropppngly good Broccoli-Basil Mac & Cheese… I promise you won’t be disappointed. ;)
- Orzo, Broccoli & Almond Super-salad
- Miso Asparagus, Broccoli & Tofu Bowl
- Braised Broccoli with Orange & Parmesan
- Double Broccoli Quinoa Bowl
- Bright Broccoli Crunch Salad
- Heirloom Beans & Roasted Broccoli Seitan
- Broccoli-Basil Mac & Cheese
- Ginger Poached Noodles with Broccoli & Tofu
- The Greenest Salad
- Ginger Coconut Milk & Broccoli Soup