Concrete Catwalk // Short on the Sides

March 12, 2014

IMG_0180

Reason #43672 why I love the way Ms. Rubi cuts my hair: It finally seems to air-dry into something other than a fluffy mess!

I haven’t even so much as glanced at my hair dryer since we’ve been here in California, and aside from the blow-out that came with an exciting project I worked on a few weeks ago, it hasn’t touched anything hotter than pure sunshine.

I know things are still trying to warm up in most parts of the US, but might I recommend that we all start looking forward to Spring by adding bright pops of color to our normal hair routine?  ;)

Ps. –  150 extra points to whoever can name the last time they wore their button-down shirt knotted at the waist… I’m guessing my last time was more recent than most, and might I say that it was kind of fun to throw it back to third grade?

IMG_0138

Keep reading for the rest of the look and a full rundown on outfit details!

IMG_0061

Top to Bottom // Sorrelli bib necklace*, Everlane white poplin button down*, Elie Tahari pencil skirt (this one is similar and CRAZY on sale), Evil eye bracelet, kate spade elissa tote (on sale!)*, J. Crew strappy flat sandals, Sarah Chloe signet “G” ring, Moorea Seal midi ring// * notes a gifted item.

IMG_0155

IMG_0075

IMG_0132

IMG_0086

IMG_0152

IMG_0060

• Reply Renate March 12, 2014 at 7:01 am

Another great post :) I just also wanted to mention, that I have recently added a blogroll page on my blog with blogs I love to keep up with and yours is def one of them! So thank you for and congrats on being so awesome ❤ (not that I think it’s an accomplishment, that I think you’re awesome… I just… I’ll stop now)

Renate from

• Reply Jessie Artigue March 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm

What?! How sweet are YOU, Renate! So honored to be included, and thank you for stopping by when you do!!! XOXO

• Reply Kimberly March 12, 2014 at 8:46 am

I adore the shape of this skirt and can see how you could easily dress it up or down for spring/summer…such a cute look!

• Reply kelsey March 12, 2014 at 10:01 am

this is so gorgeous, laid-back and summery!
    ladies in navy

• Reply Rebekah March 12, 2014 at 11:05 am

The evil eye bracelet you’re rocking here is far superior to the (still awesome) one you linked to. Would you mind sharing where you got the one in the photos? Just for curiosity’s sake :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue March 12, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Thanks, Rebekah! The one I’m wearing in the photo is from Bauble Bar a few years ago, and unfortunately – I haven’t been able to find any other similar leather versions ANYwhere! Will keep my eyes open (promise to let you know!), and feel free to let me know if you see anything just as fabulous! XOXO

• Reply April March 12, 2014 at 9:54 pm

You look great…so ready for summer! I love how you kept the outfit simpler, though I bet that skirt would look totally amazing dressed up!

xx April

• Reply Beauty Bite // 3 Lip Crayons I Love | Style & Pepper March 18, 2014 at 7:00 am

[…] my current laid-back look wasn’t enough of an indication…  I’ll tell ya, I’m all about the easiest […]

• Reply Rachel March 18, 2014 at 10:47 am

This is SO adorable I love your skirt!

• Reply jaana March 21, 2014 at 5:36 pm

yes. to it all.

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Flowers & Festivals | Style & Pepper April 17, 2014 at 10:04 am

[…] talking more than just sticking a flower in my hair, and calling it a […]