Concrete Catwalk // Snow Big Deal

January 9, 2014

IMG_9340

Actually, it kind of IS a big deal.

This cold weather is no joke, but I’ve been trying to keep my looks light-hearted, and have enjoyed entertaining nearly everyone else in the city who seem to be wearing nothing but head-to-toe black.

Benefits of an almost-all-white ensemble?  There are many… One of which is having your friendly [ahem] neighborhood crossing guard pretend she couldn’t see you because you blended in with the snowy sidewalks and then proceeding to tell the kids on the corner that you were the Abominable Snowman’s girlfriend.  (Does that mean I get to be the [adorably] Abominable Snowgirl?)

See the rest of the look after the jump, and be sure to check out my latest Pepper Letter to find out what makes my heart race and for a sneak peek of the newest venture I’ll be announcing here on the blog very soon!

IMG_9319

Top to Bottom // Vintage hat (from Etsy), Spiegel wrap dress*, Black Swan fluffy coat*, Vintage embroidered gloves (were my Meema’s!), Anthropologie tights, Layla Joy boots* // * notes a gifted item

IMG_9336

IMG_9322

IMG_9331

IMG_9371

IMG_9379

IMG_9361

IMG_9397

IMG_9354

• Reply Rachelle January 9, 2014 at 7:42 am

Love your teddy coat, you look awesome.

xo
    PinkSole

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Love that you call it a Teddy Coat! That’s exactly what it makes me feel like! :)

• Reply Supal {chevrons and éclairs} January 9, 2014 at 8:00 am

I was about to say, you look so much more exciting that the city walkers in all black. The grey and black combo is perfect against the snow, it’s so nice and soft. And you actually look warm! x

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 1:00 pm

So sweet, Supal… You KNOW I love standing out from the crowd, and the warmth was a total necessity that week!!! XO

• Reply FatFreeFashion January 9, 2014 at 9:52 am

Haha! A simple compliment would have been enough! Love the sunnies and hat…fun look!

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Oh my goodness, you should HEAR the things she’s said to me!!! The spot she stands in is right on the same corner as our bus stop, and her elderly-lady commentary is hilarious. :)

• Reply kelsey January 9, 2014 at 10:03 am

it looks freezing but this outfit is darling! love the grey and the gloves
    ladies in navy

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Thank you, Kelsey! They’re my fave… Unique gloves are such an easy way to add interest to an outfit!

• Reply tanusree ghosh January 9, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Loved every bit of it! White and grey combination is simply out of a hollywood movie! Loved your gloves.

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 1:03 pm

So funny – My mom said the same thing about looking very “Hollywood”… Probably a combo of the grayish photos, and maybe it’s because of the vintage pieces, too? The gloves were my grandmother’s and one of my most special pieces! XO

• Reply Courtney January 12, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I love this look… It is very refreshing! And your story about the crossing guard cracks me up! Adorable Abominable Snowgirl, indeed!

• Reply Sarah January 13, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Oh, how I love all the fabulousness happening here! You remind me of a Hitchcock heroine in this ensemble- it’s so unique, and I love how it feels just the right amount of vintage-y and fun.

Also, I’m a sucker for a good pun in an outfit post ;)

Sarah

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 18, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Us “punny gals” have to stick together, no?! ;)

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Flair? Flare. | Style & Pepper January 21, 2014 at 8:53 am

[…] know I love an outfit that will tilt heads every now and again. […]