Beauty Bite // Egyptian Magic

January 8, 2014

Egyptian_Magic_All_Purpose_Skin_Cream_118ml_1371197079_1024x1024

Death to dry skin!!!

Seriously — I’ve been so preoccupied by preventing painful cracks and banishing the ashy-ness that crops up on my skin this time of year (gross!), that I hardly remembered that I had a pot of this skin cream hiding away in my beauty cabinet.

Have you heard of it? Egyptian Magic first popped up on my radar a few years ago when I read an interview with Rachel Zoe where she listed it as one of her favorite products, and since then I’ve been seeing it everywhere. (And now it all makes sense!)

I’ve been slathering it all over my face, neck, elbows, knees and even using it in lieu of lip balm, and love the way it sinks in quickly and completely with hardly any scent. I know I’ve already told you how much I hate lotion, and although I don’t think it will completely replace my love for oil as the go-to moisturizer of the moment, it is definitely among my top choices during these super-dry winter months.

Do you have any skin-saving tricks up your sleeve these days?  Share in the comments!

• Reply Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love January 8, 2014 at 10:52 am

I suffer from extreme dry skin. I’ll have to check this product out.

• Reply save. spend. splurge. January 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm

As someone who has suffered from eczema and dry skin her entire life, I suggest you try shea butter.

What they have in that “Egyptian magic” is really just olive oil and beeswax that works. The rest is just for show and to jack up the price.

• Reply FripperyVintage January 8, 2014 at 11:38 am

Never heard of this, with the heat constantly cranking my skin is a dry mess too. I will def. try this.

• Reply save. spend. splurge. January 10, 2014 at 1:51 pm

• Reply save. spend. splurge. January 10, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I have suffered from eczema and dry skin my entire life. I used the gamut of creams (everything on the shelves you see in drugstores? I’ve tried it.)

The only commercial cream that really worked is now no longer being made — it was Olay Quench but in a concentrated tube form that they stopped making (they started adding water to dilute it).

Then I moved on to olive oil, coconut oil.. and finally found shea butter, or rather a shea butter / cocoa butter mix.

This stuff is.. magic. 100% natural (you can even eat it), and I guarantee it works better than that “Egyptian Magic” above seeing as the ingredients are just olive oil and beeswax, which is what shea butter is naturally (a protectant and an emollient).

The rest of the ingredients in there are best eaten (bee propolis, etc) and not spread on your skin.. it’s a waste and it just jacks up the price.

• Reply Casey January 14, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Oh I LOVE that this stuff is all natural. I am getting sick of the coconut oil that I usually use. I am going to have to try this!
    Casey