Let’s Party | Holiday Brunch

December 17, 2013

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 53Love my lil’ tree! Christine always brings the best treats.
(Don’t forget to check out these other fun hostess gift ideas!)

If there’s one thing I’ve learned since moving to the Northeast, it’s that winter weekends here are perfect for just about one thing…

Staying inside.

Since brunch is always much better with girlfriends, I was delighted when my friend Abbey (a brilliant cook AND my pilates instructor extraordinaire) offered to help me host a festive little get-together to celebrate the holidays with a few of my favorite sweetie-pies.

Here are a few snaps from the day – all taken by another dear friend, Kat Harris – and I’m happy to give you a little glimpse at one of my favorite memories from the season, so far.

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 40L to R: Amy, Taylor, Me, Jen, Abbey & Christine

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 6Dinosaur Kale Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Marcona Almonds & Ricotta Salata – YUM!

Check out the rest of the photos and details are after the jump (plus lots more on the S&P facebook page!), and I’ll see you back here later today with another Peppery Presents gift guide.

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 9

I set the table with a mish-mash of black & white plates, Abbey’s antique gold flatware (I’ve got my eye on this set), and a clever little set of salt + pepper shakers amidst evergreen garland and a gilded runner.

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 22

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 17

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 20There’s the little Charlie Brown tree we found the day we went on this adventure

The entire spread was gluten-free, vegetarian and packed full of nutritious, seasonal options from Kings Food Market here in Hoboken.  From left to right on the buffet: Kale Salad, Mini Goat Cheese & Veggie Fritattas, Rosemary Purple Sweet Potato Homefries, and Quinoa Pilaf with Nuts & Dried Fruit.  Abbey will be sharing the recipes for both the fritattas and the quinoa on her blog soon, so be sure to check those out!

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 18

Halfway through brunch, I made everyone draw numbers and we played the white elephant game with fun little odds and ends that I’ve been hanging on to for just the right special occasion.  (Mr. Pepper made himself scarce that day, but did such a great job of wrapping all of the presents for us!)

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 1 Lots of laughs.  I love these girls.

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 38

Before every one left, I drew for the final doorprize — These tiny bottles of bubbly and a pair of silver ornaments, nestled inside a top hat ice bucket from Kate Spade… Amy was the happy winner, and I’m sort of hoping that she went home, poured herself a hot bath, and put those little suckers to good use.  ;)

StyleandPepper.ChristmasBrunch 52
We topped everything off with a lovely fruit and cheese spread for dessert, and ended up chatting on into the snowy evening and well-past dark…

I’d say it was a successful Sunday afternoon, indeed. :)

Thanks so much to Abbey Bell Catering & Kings Food Market for making this special treat possible!

• Reply Liz {What Dress Code?} December 17, 2013 at 10:32 am

Brunch in is one of my absolute favorite things — why head out into the chill if you can bring good friends into your home!

• Reply Jessie Artigue December 18, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Very true! So fun to be cozy this time of year. :)

• Reply Angela December 17, 2013 at 11:45 am

LOVE the table setting and mirrored tray!
    I also love the Kings in Hoboken :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue December 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Thanks, Angela! We’ll hopefully be doing more events together in the future, and I’d love to have you… Stay tuned! XO

• Reply Kristin @ Crumbs and Curls December 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm

This sounds like so much fun! It’s great that it was all gluten free!

Kristin
    crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

• Reply Jessie Artigue December 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Such a testament to the fact that eating healthy can still be SO tasty, right?! :)

• Reply Adri December 19, 2013 at 4:16 pm

This looks like a nice ladies bunch! That kale salad looks SO good!

• Reply My Experience with The Whole 30: Prepared by Local Hoboken Chef {Abbey Bell} | HobokenGirl.com January 19, 2015 at 8:54 pm

[…] is NOT sponsored, I just love her food!}. I originally found Abbey who catered my blogger friend Style and Pepper’s delicious brunch last year, and then I hired her for my own birthday brunch because the food was thaaat good. In […]

• Reply Pepper Girl // Katherine Harris | Style & Pepper March 12, 2015 at 11:07 am

[…] allow me to introduce you to my dear friend Katherine Harris (you’ve seen her photos before here, there and everywhere!) and I’d love to invite you to check out the ways that she lives a […]

• Reply retro jordans June 1, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Thank you a lot for providing individuals with an exceptionally brilliant possiblity to check tips from here. It is often very lovely and full of amusement for me personally and my office colleagues to search the blog no less than thrice in a week to learn the new secrets you have. And lastly, I’m just certainly amazed with all the superb things you give. Some 2 facts in this article are essentially the simplest we’ve ever had.

• Reply coach outlet June 5, 2019 at 4:55 pm

I wish to express appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of such a scenario. After looking out through the the net and seeing proposals which were not powerful, I was thinking my life was done. Living without the strategies to the issues you have solved as a result of your website is a critical case, as well as the kind which may have adversely affected my entire career if I had not discovered your site. The know-how and kindness in maneuvering the whole thing was vital. I don’t know what I would have done if I had not come upon such a solution like this. I can now relish my future. Thanks for your time so much for the specialized and result oriented guide. I won’t think twice to recommend the website to any person who needs to have direction on this issue.

• Reply adidas yeezy boost June 7, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Thank you for your entire labor on this website. My niece take interest in setting aside time for research and it is easy to see why. All of us hear all relating to the compelling form you give important strategies on the blog and even foster participation from other individuals on this article while our daughter is really starting to learn a whole lot. Have fun with the rest of the year. You are always carrying out a stunning job.

• Reply nfl jerseys June 9, 2019 at 11:24 am

I intended to put you this little remark just to say thank you yet again for these breathtaking thoughts you’ve discussed on this website. It was so shockingly generous with people like you in giving extensively what many of us could possibly have marketed as an e book in order to make some dough for their own end, most notably seeing that you might well have tried it in case you wanted. The techniques also served to become easy way to realize that most people have the identical interest just as my personal own to know great deal more with reference to this condition. I believe there are many more fun periods ahead for people who examine your blog post.