Life // Another Year Older

November 3, 2013

flower photo by kari herer
Print by Kari Herer

Autumn seems to be flying by, and soon we’ll be knee-deep in winter, my friends.

I’m turning another year older today, and thinking back on the state that we were in 12 months ago, I’m just feeling very grateful to have basic needs like power and cooked food and heat in our little love nest here in Hoboken.

Because that b*tch Sandy literally rained on my parade party last year, I’m taking back my birthday by stretching out the celebration with double dates and tequila tastings and shopping sprees and brunch with my girlfriends, and since it’s the last year of my twenties, it only makes sense that I’d be kicking it off with a real bang. :)  I hope you’re having a great weekend so far, and I’ll see you back here with a fun new post tomorrow morning!

Thanks for coming along for the ride over the past several years, and you KNOW I’m so thankful that you stop by when you do!

• Reply jaana November 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm

those are such intense pictures from Sandy. wow. hope this birthday is a million x’s better! as someone who is older and wiser, i can tell you it’s all downhill from here. TOTALLY KIDDING! kind of. xo happy birthday :)

• Reply Rosie November 3, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Happy birthday!

• Reply Stephanie (Glam Slam!) November 4, 2013 at 2:10 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl! I’m so glad that this year is so much better of a birthday situation than last year was. I hope you were able to truly enjoy your birthday celebration this year! :)

xx, Stephanie :)

• Reply Fallon Carmichael | Sage + Sparkle November 4, 2013 at 7:43 am

Happy Birthday, Jessie! My birthday is coming up in a little under two weeks (last year of my 20’s too) can’t wait to celebrate the following week in Paris!

Congrats on all your success! Loving the new S&P TV. You rock!

• Reply save. spend. splurge. November 14, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Happy birthday!

• Reply http://www./ November 25, 2016 at 2:37 am

Brad & Angie, definitely! He is such a nice guy, and Angie is so interesting & intelligent for someone who used to be such a wild child! (Which i have to admit i sort of miss!) I think spending a weekend with these 2 (minus the kids!!!) would be awesome!