Concrete Catwalk // Spots & Stripes

November 7, 2013

IMG_7544

Mixing prints like it’s my job, y’all…

Loved that the grey in both of these patterns tied the two together, and thought that the edgier Member’s Only jacket would work especially well to balance out the more ladylike shapes of the top and skirt.

I’m off to get started on a massively jam-packed next 72 hours – speaking at this panel, slumber party with this out-of-town sweetie, fun photoshoot in Central Park with a supremely talented friend, and two more birthday celebrations this weekend!

In the meantime, you can check out the rest of the look below, and be sure to follow along on instagram and twitter to see what I’m up to. :)

IMG_7511

Top to Bottom // Urban Outfitters sunnies, Ann Taylor top, Juliet & Co.* necklace, Member’s Only jacket from OpenSky*, Forever 21 striped skirt, Me Char* clutch, Vintage ring (flea market), Clark’s* ankle booties // * notes gifted item

IMG_7578

IMG_7601

IMG_7531

IMG_7573

IMG_7537      IMG_7582

IMG_7552

IMG_7599

• Reply Rachelle November 7, 2013 at 8:39 am

I love this look, I would so wear this.

xo

• Reply Jessica (Coco/Mingo) November 7, 2013 at 11:15 am

You mix prints so well, girl! Seriously, that skirt looks amazing on you! xo

• Reply FatFreeFashion November 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Love this whole look- mix master deluxe! And the Clark’s ankle booties… real girl comfort, thankyouverymuch!

• Reply Melanie Sutrathada November 7, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I love how you mixed these prints, Jessie! I’ve been such a huge fan of mixing lately and can’t seem to get enough. So excited to see this outfit in person today at the panel!

Melanie

• Reply Jessie Artigue November 11, 2013 at 10:50 am

Wish we could have said hello on Thursday night, my dear! I had to scoot out right after, but hope you enjoyed yourself!!! XO

• Reply Melanie Sutrathada November 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Agreed! It was so wonderful to hear/see you in person. A bunch of other bloggers and I couldn’t stop talking about how helpful you were though (and how much we loved your hair, haha). Hope your crazy 72 hours went well (:

• Reply Jessie Artigue November 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

Ah – You’re so sweet! I did survive the craziness, and wish I could have hung around for longer… Come find me for a hug next time! XO

• Reply Sarah November 8, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Print mixing- woot woot! Love how bold this look is. I’m still a little shy about mixing anything with a bolder print like on your skirt, but you’re definitely rocking it. I love those ankle booties as well, and I have a distinct suspicion that they’re the Water Row style, given that I’ve been contemplating buying them for about a year ;) It might be high time!

Sarah

P.S. Just tried the Clarks link, and it looks like it’s broken- just FYI!

• Reply Jessie Artigue November 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

Eek! Thanks for letting me know about the link… You’ll LOVE the booties if you get them! XO

• Reply Kate November 9, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Are those current items (blouse and skirt)? Because the links you posted don’t link to the same….was disappointed. Wish you would only link if its the right item.

• Reply Jessie Artigue November 11, 2013 at 10:55 am

Hi Kate! The blouse looks like it has sold out on the site, and the skirt is years old so I always try to include something similar when that happens. Because the majority of my shopping is done at vintage/secondhand/discount stores, I don’t wear very many ‘linkable’ items. So sorry to disappoint, and thanks for understanding!

• Reply A fashionable new year! | Danielle S. Fuechtmann January 7, 2014 at 11:40 pm

[…] 3. I love pattern mixing, but I seem to always chicken out, opting for solids or a single, eye-burning pattern. This year, I really want to challenge myself to mix patterns that feel less safe. (image source) […]

• Reply Winter Clothes For Women Over 40 - Walking in Grace and Beauty January 13, 2014 at 7:02 am

[…] {source} […]