Concrete Catwalk // Rockstar Skinnies

September 26, 2013

IMG_6103

It’s layering time in our neck of the woods, and of course that means I’m ready to bust out the trusty leather jackets and favorite skinny jeans for the transition into the cooler upcoming months… I’ve been seriously working on my denim collection lately, and after feeling like that part of my wardrobe left something to be desired last fall/winter, I’m not going to let it happen again!

I have a few important criteria when shopping for the perfect skinny jeans – must be comfortable, have a substantial waistband, and not get too stretched out after multiple wears – and this Rockstar style from Old Navy meets every single one.  Added bonus: They come in some seriously on-trend variations, including sassy patterns (love a good snakeprint!), coated denim (looks just like leather!), and even a cheeky tuxedo-stripe pair.

Keep reading for the full outfit post below, AND (special surprise:) tune into Access Hollywood today to see me modeling the same pair styled up in a different look alongside two of my sweet friends Grace & Victoria!

Ps. – Tomorrow is the last day to enter the PayPal Dream Closet giveaway, and you have just a handful of hours left to try and win a trip to NYC and a $1,000 shopping spree day with me in the city!  Let me know if you enter, and wishing you all the best of luck!

This post was sponsored by Old Navy. Check out Old Navy’s latest fashion lineup in store or online at oldnavy.com.

IMG_6070

Top to Bottom // Shirt – Old Navy (men’s slim fit), Necklaces (here & here)- Bauble Bar, Jacket – H&M, Belt – J. Crew, Handbag – c/o Botkier, Cuff – Bauble Bar, Ring – Sorrelli, Skinny jeans – c/o Old Navy, Booties – Sam Edelman

IMG_6099

IMG_6035

IMG_6073

IMG_6109   IMG_6094

IMG_6007

IMG_6082

IMG_6118

• Reply Kimberly September 26, 2013 at 9:09 am

LOVE the idea of shopping the men’s section for plaid shirts…this is such a cute mix of prints and I am obsessed with your new shorter ‘do! :)

• Reply FripperyVintage September 26, 2013 at 10:20 am

Great look and I just love your hair, very cute length.

• Reply Kate September 26, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Love the pattern mixing happening here!
    xo
    Kate

• Reply Jessica (Coco/Mingo) September 26, 2013 at 4:20 pm

You always look so amazing! This is such a perfect outfit for Fall! Love that brown jacket paired with the navy shirt!

• Reply Berty Morales September 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

You look amazing, and I am adoring this entire look.

• Reply Kelly in the City September 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm

This is such an adorable look! And I LOVE that Maxwells is in the background. Hoboken girls unite! :)

Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

• Reply Bree September 27, 2013 at 1:46 am

Wow love your look! Those printed jeans with that top + leather jacket = amazing combo! You have amazing style.

• Reply Yolennie September 27, 2013 at 10:59 am

Absolutely adore this outfit. The plaid shirt and the print on your pants look amazing together. The brown jacket and ankle boots really pull the whole look together!

Yolennie

• Reply jaana September 28, 2013 at 2:19 am

love the look – those booties are da bomb! god i’m a dork

• Reply Jessie Artigue September 30, 2013 at 8:56 am

Not a dork at ALL, girl! When I read your comment, I secretly thought to myself – “Oh, phew… I’m not the only one who still says ‘the bomb’.” LOL

• Reply Rose October 7, 2013 at 11:36 am

Aw, Maxwell’s!! You are rocking that new hairstyle SO WELL, lady!

• Reply Jess, from JessOneMore! October 13, 2013 at 9:13 am

Hey gorgeous! Loving this outfit. Sick booties–perfect heel height! Great royal blue shirt–pops heavenly against the neutral colors in the cropped jacket (awesome peplum detail along the back!) and snaked print skinnies. Huge Botkier fan, so I ADORE that satchel. Reminds me of a revamp of their Howard Street satchel, which I have in Carnival. I like this one-top handle design–gives more room for a better grip and over-the-shoulder option. Who doesn’t love that?! Great post *hugs*

• Reply Vintage-loving Trendy Eclectic - YLF November 13, 2013 at 7:16 am

[…] call this Jessie’s preppy polished rock star look. The body-hugging skinnies with animal print effect, zippered handbag, high-heeled gold buckle […]

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // New Nautical | Style & Pepper February 25, 2014 at 7:00 am

[…] Men’s shirting is one of my favorite ways to temper a feminine shift dress or a pair of super-skinny patterned jeans.  Do you ever swap style elements with the opposite gender?  Share your experiments here so we […]

• Reply Digital Sprinkles // A Hair Affair | Style & Pepper May 31, 2015 at 11:50 am

[…] when I had super long and then super short hair? Ok fine. There we a few steps in-between, but I’ve really kind of loved them all. […]