Get Fit // HB Super by Hoodiebuddy

August 7, 2013

IMG_1413

Blogging from Balboa Island in California this morning, and just got back from the most amazing run in the breezy seaside air.  I know that some people are surprised to hear that I stick to some semblance of a fitness routine when I travel, but I honestly love getting a chance to explore new places on foot, plus it gives me a little extra allowance for fun vacation-style splurges. ;)

IMG_1516

These photos were snapped back in Hoboken, but I’m quite thankful for this extra zip-up layer that I’ve had for the early morning exercise on the beach.  It may look like an ordinary hoodie at first glance, but the drawstrings are actually earbuds and it plugs right in to my iPhone from one of the special side pockets to create a seamless fit!

IMG_1504

I rarely listen to music (so weird – I know), but love tuning in to my favorite podcasts* while I run, and this brilliant invention called the HB Super by HoodieBuddy makes it just that much easier.  The whole thing can be thrown in the washing machine without doing any harm to the wiring, and I love that you can even send in your own favorite hoodie sweatshirt for them to retrofit with the special technology.

IMG_1444

Shop the Post // Sunnies, Zip-up – c/o HoodieBuddy, Tennies,
and iPhone case (designed by yours truly!)

IMG_1539

(Side ponytails for life.)

IMG_1494

What are you all listening to while you workout these days?  Team Podcast or Team Playlist?  I’d love to hear new suggestions for either, so feel free to leave them here in the comments!

*I can’t miss The Good Life Project & After the Jump lately… Both are full of encouragement and inspiration for both life and business, and I highly recommend them!

• Reply Nikki August 7, 2013 at 2:32 pm

That hoodie is awesome! I can’t believe the drawstrings are earbuds… Mind blown. I listen to the hip hop/ pop station on pandora for my runs. I have to have good, upbeat music to keep me motivated and pumped up!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Totally awesome, right? I’m with you on the “upbeat” thing… It’s so funny because I notice that I’m actually faster when I’ve got peppy music on while I’m running! Unfortunately, I get bored if I don’t have something for my mind to focus on (hence the podcasts), but I think I’m feeling inspired to switch it up soon. :)

• Reply beats by dr dre tour August 8, 2013 at 6:37 am

Hi there, just wanted to mention, lots of people come as well as bring modern tools and revolutionary knowledge and also style to this little islandover all times I enjoyed this post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

• Reply Miro - Dose of Dash August 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I love that idea! I’m always getting tangled in my headphones and accidentally pulling them out of the jack mid-exercise.

For workouts I’m still team playlist, but for any kind of housework (I no longer have a dishwasher) I am team podcast allllll the way. So many good ones out there!

• Reply Jessie Artigue August 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Oh I LOVE the idea of listening to podcasts while cleaning… I sometimes will put one on while I’m making/eating my lunch, but need to start doing it for laundry folding sessions/etc, too!

• Reply Li Ai auspices employment rapid August 10, 2013 at 10:01 am

[…] to generate run filled with coffee pots complete. As outlined by a newly released Mintel review produces indefinite hip pleasures incredibly really […]

• Reply Get Fit // Good Tunes 01. | Style & Pepper August 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

[…] my parents listened to at my age.  (Cat Stevens, anyone?!)  I’ve mentioned before that I typically listen to podcasts instead of actual music when I work-out, but recently discovered that music really makes a huge […]