Trendwatch // Full Skirts

May 3, 2013
Via Vanessa Jackman
I’m sure some of you may be shaking your heads right now, but I’m totally smitten with this chica’s look!  I have a history with headpieces (specifically turbans!), love a great statement necklace (or two!) and have been dying to try this flouncy midi-skirt trend for myself.

I’m still trying to decide exactly how I’ll style it up, so I’ve been looking for a little inspiration around the web, and can’t wait to ask Miss Anna Cottrell of Tulip Louise (our Pepperologie Fashion Expert) what she thinks during the Q&A of her session next week!  If even one tiny little smidgen of her stunning style (or sweetness!) rubs off on me, I’ll be a happy gal.  :) Very excited to hear what she has to say about the trends that will be big for summer and how we can style them up for ourselves.

Ok, now – BACK to the skirts… keep reading for a few more inspiration photos and check out the shoppable options I’ve included for you below!

Via Atlantic-Pacific

Keeping things simple and chic, Blair does blocky stripes on top and a burst of bold neon color on the bottom.  Black pumps and minimal jewelry help her pull it off while staying just as sophisticated as always.

Via Style is Eternal
This one is a little too bundled up for the coming season, but the funky mixed prints and mirrored shades could stay for summer, and then you could swap in a simple white tee instead of that cozy sweatshirt as it gets warmer!

Via Atlantic-Pacific

A quirky mixture of sugary sweet gingham and a military-inspired jacket, paired with a graphic tee and sexy heels, provides a nice balance and keeps things from looking over the top.

Which look above is your favorite??  Have you tried the trend for yourself, yet?  I’m still trying to decide if that pretty little plaid number below needs to come live with me for a while. :)

one // two // three // four // five

*Layout by Sarah Sherwood for Style & Pepper

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
    Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Melody May 3, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I love this trend! Full midi’s are so girly and cute!! But I’m short so I’m always hesitant to purchase one.

• Reply Naomi May 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I am a big fan! The trick for us shorties is to wear them with heels!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Jessie Artigue May 3, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Heels definitely seem like the best way to pull this off if you’re on the shorter side, and I’m also thinking that opting for a high waist would help with the proportions as well!

• Reply Jennifer Boyd May 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Love this trend. Very Christian Dior 1950’s feeling.

• Reply caffinatedlove May 4, 2013 at 2:11 am

1. Atlantic-Pacific was the first fashion blog I ever followed. It’s magnificent. She always looks so chic.

3. I’m loving the skirt in the first picture but also the turban-like headdress. It’s such a statement! :)

• Reply Yolennie May 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm

They all pull the skirts off so nicely. But I think this style looks better on tall girls. If I wear it, I think the dress will swallow me :P Love the first outfit the best!

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Neutral Tulle | Style & Pepper July 9, 2013 at 8:25 am

[…] resist getting all dolled up for the reveal of our new site design, today!   After posting about full midi-skirts a few months ago, I’ve been wanting to pick one up for myself, and I totally fell in love […]

• Reply Michelle M January 25, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Loving these skirts and blog. :)

Check out our store and let us know if there is anything you like.

Michelle M