Concrete Catwalk // Spring Strolling

May 14, 2013

For us, Spring weekends mean strolling the neighborhood, brunching at a sidewalk cafe, and picking up flowers from our favorite market.  We did all of the above as a way to ‘recover’ from a busy last couple of weeks, and the fresh air and quality time with my Sweet G were just what I needed to get back into the swing of things.

Not wanting to sacrifice all productivity, we also started switching our closets over from Winter to Spring, and I love discovering those pieces that I had forgotten about since the last time I saw them a few months ago.  Floral shorts are a warm-weather go-to of mine (loving this pair lately), and I knew that layering them with my bright new white denim jacket from Old Navy and some rose gold sandals would be the perfect transitional look.

I finished off the outfit with a straw fedora and an oversized handbag from Koret NY, who was the fabulous sponsor of our Style Session at Pepperologie on Saturday.  This tote is perfect for holding the weekend essentials, but just as great to hold your laptop and a spare set of shoes to use as a wear-to-work bag. (Available in the Fall!)

Keep reading for the rest of the look, and tell me what your favorite Spring-weekend activities are in the comments!

Top to Bottom:
Straw fedora – Housing Works Thrift Store
Petal tank – c/o Ann Taylor
White denim jacket – c/o Old Navy
Tan tote (similar) – Koret New York
Floral shorts (similar) – Buffalo Exchange
Rose gold sandals – c/o Schutz

This post was sponsored by Old Navy. Check out Old Navy’s latest fashion lineup in store or online at oldnavy.com.
Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Melody May 14, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Isn’t Hoboken just awesome in the Spring?! All the outdoor resturants and parks.. I’ve lived here my whole life and still love it!

Those floral shorts are SUPER CUTE!!

• Reply Kimberly May 14, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Love that top so much – is it from last year or their current line? Also, you look adorable in hats :)

• Reply jenn~the stylish housewife May 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Wish I had those legs!!! You look adorable! And I LOVE your shorts!

XOXO, Jenn
    The Stylish Housewife

• Reply Jennifer Boyd May 14, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Love those shorts! Very cute.

• Reply Anonymous May 14, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s
    a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for
    me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

Feel free to surf to my blog post: average auto insurance rates by state

• Reply Christina May 15, 2013 at 3:55 am

My husband and I also love spring strolls and grabbing a bite to eat at our favorite local corner cafe. But most of all, we love taking walks right at sunset in the pasture near our apartments. There are horses and wild flowers…the whole scene at sunset is just breath taking.

• Reply JKLR May 15, 2013 at 10:22 pm

delightful! i am feeling a modern day mary poppins with the leg up picture and i LOVE it! you are beautiful jessie! can’t wait to hit the beach with you xoxo

• Reply Esther May 16, 2013 at 3:25 am

Love this whole outfit!!

• Reply Anonymous June 17, 2013 at 11:50 am

Timeless European-inspired architecture marry contempo design and amenities
    offers its resident a truly alluring abode to call home.
    the interlace

• Reply Vintage-loving Trendy Eclectic - YLF November 13, 2013 at 7:16 am

[…] short shorts by pairing them with an untucked soft top, casual denim jacket and flat footwear. A flirty and romantic look. And bless our high heel loving blogger for sporting these beautiful rose gold flat ankle strap […]