If you follow me on instagram, you’re probably familiar with how much I love to eat, and uncovering the tastiest healthy dishes I can find could easily be considered one of my many hobbies.
Actually making such dishes is even higher on my list of list of favorite things to do, and while I usually whip up my own recipes, I love looking to cookbooks and blogs to expand my culinary horizons and find new inspiration for my adventures in the kitchen. Today’s Sunday Sprinkles are just a few of the ones on my wishlist lately, and they all feature dishes with a fresh, produce-focused perspective:
- True Food Kitchen // This book that was inspired by one of my favorite restaurants, and with freshly imagined recipes that are seasonal, inviting, and easy to make, it shares how easy it is to eat well at home.
- The New Persian Kitchen // With dishes like Cardamom Pizelles and Saffron Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Sandwiches, I’m already dreaming up a whole dinner party around this one.
- Cook Yourself Sexy // Written by a former model turned chef, this one teaches how to pack each meal with “foods with benefits”in order to help you stay healthy and look amazing.
- The Heirloom Kitchen // Written by a fabulous duo who lives in upstate NY, this book focuses on fresh ingredients and heritage recipes that feature homegrown items from their farm.
- Living Gluten-free With Style & Grace //This e-book about gluten-free recipes for entertaining and everyday is written by a fellow blogger and sweet friend of mine, and and I can’t wait to get my copy for all of the summer hosting we’ll be doing at home!
Speaking of entertaining with a healthful approach… One of the most anticipated courses from our upcoming Pepperologie workshop is the food session with Amie Valpone from The Healthy Apple. Having struggled with dietary restrictions from a young age, Amie’s fresh approach to healthy eating caters to both the dairy-free and gluten-free lifestyles, without sacrificing even the tiniest bit of flavor.
Amie’s passion for clean eating is truly contagious, and she loves showing others that fresh food can keep your taste buds satisfied and always begging for more. She truly understands how difficult it can be to find time in our hectic lives to create a home cooked, nutritious meal, but is happy to teach you just how easy it can be. Can’t wait to learn from her on May 11th, and I hope you’ll consider joining us!
Looking for even more cooking inspiration?
- I’ve also had my eye on Fast Fresh Simple by Donna Hay… Tested shortcuts and time saving tips to freshen up every recipe? Sounds like my kind of gal.
- My friend Bev writes one of the most inspiring food blogs around and her recent video makes me want to give her a huge hug and then have her make me a huge bowl of that pesto pasta – looks like the best thing I’d ever taste!
- A great resource for those who are interested in delving into the world of clean eating, Clean Plates is a cookbook that I already own and would highly recommend for it’s flavorful recipes and easy-to-follow instructions.
Do you have any favorite cookbooks these days? I always love hearing about new ones, so please share with me in the comments!