Concrete Catwalk // Springtime Shift

March 26, 2013

Spring is trying SO hard to show it’s face here in the Northeast, and I’m trying to help it along by updating my wardrobe with brightly colored extras and showing a little more skin than the temperature permits.

I knew that this paisley shift dress would have to come home with me the moment I spotted it at Old Navy, and when I noticed how perfect it looked hanging next to this men’s dress shirt in my fitting room, I couldn’t help but think that they’d balance each other out quite well.

Remember when tying sweatshirts around our waists was a total thing?!  I have to come clean and tell you that I never stopped doing it (make fun if you must), but was VERY excited to see it at the last few seasons of NY fashion week… Nothing like rocking a trend until it goes [WAY] out and then comes back in style.  Ha!

Keep reading for the rest of the look below, and please tell me I’m not the only one who is willing the warmer weather to get here quickly!

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – Vintage, thrifted (these are only $10!)
Lipstick – Nars ‘Heatwave’
Sunnies – Anthropologie (similar)
Bracelets – Vintage (similar) & Bauble Bar
Paisley shift dress – c/o Old Navy
Men’s slim fit shirt – c/o Old Navy
Navy peacoat – J. Crew (similar)
Woven and faux-croc tote – c/o Koret Handbags
Tights – Urban Outfitters (similar)
Socks – Nordstrom (similar)
Booties – Sam Edelman (on sale here or similar style here)

This post was kindly brought to you by Old Navy.
Check out Old Navy’s latest fashion lineup in store or online at OldNavy.com!
Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Megan O'Connor Mershon March 26, 2013 at 11:27 am

Love the old navy dress! XO Megan http://www.step-brightly.com

• Reply Rachelle March 26, 2013 at 11:31 am

love the print on that dress, you look gorge.

GIVEAWAY on the blog
    xo

• Reply atoastandtea March 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I love that dress with those tights – and thanks for doing your part to bring on some warmer weather here in NYC :).

• Reply Naomi March 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Beautiful shift, darling! And I love those tights~

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Brookelyn March 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Love that dress- would have never guessed it was from Old Navy! I just picked up the cutest little chambray shirtdress there last weekend, and I’m anxiously awaiting slightly warmer weather so I can wear it!

• Reply Style My Way March 26, 2013 at 6:27 pm

So tying a shirt around your waist went out of style? No one told me either because I still do that! One must wear layers, and when it gets warm, you have to something with the top one, right? Love the check with the print! Perfecting pairing!

• Reply Jennifer Boyd March 26, 2013 at 9:20 pm

That dress is so cute, can’t believe it’s Old Navy.

• Reply whitley hamlin March 27, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Jessie,
    Love this up and down, side to side, front to back, every which way! You do your own thing, which I love the most… I’d wear this outfit in a heart beat! Love your brown locks with bangs!
    Whitley

• Reply Yolennie March 27, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Absolutely adore your style as always. Can’t believe you bought the dress at Old Navy. I don’t usually find really fashionable pieces there but this dress is beautiful! Love the brown and the red combo, lovely!

• Reply Abbey Brandon March 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Your bag is absolutely darling! You look so fresh!

xx, Abbey

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Unexpected Sweater | Style & Pepper October 17, 2013 at 7:00 am

[…] slim fit plaid shirt that I’ve worn in a few other fun looks this past year – Once to cinch the waist of a paisley dress, and a few weeks ago to add a tomboyish touch to some snakeprint […]