Concrete Catwalk // Buh-Bye Beanie

March 28, 2013

Crossing my fingers and (currently bare!) toes that my winter boots and beanies are on their way to the basement this weekend.  These photos were taken during some exploring a few weekends ago, and even though it may look like I’m bundled – I could hardly feel my face!

This week has had a string of high temps above 45, and that’s usually about the time that I start to feel the itch to switch out our seasonal wardrobes.  Not a small task, but it’s always fun to see pieces that I have forgotten about in the past year, and I also love clearing out the pieces that won’t end up making it with me through the next one.  (Not to mention, it usually means I get to update with a few new extras – Have my eye on these wedge sandals and this striped silk dress!)

Check out the rest of the look below, and tell me: do you switch your closets out for the different seasons?  I remember that when I moved from San Diego to Kansas City, I really had no idea that people even did that, and have definitely had to adjust my closet storage and clean-out criteria since then!

Top to Bottom:
Beanie – J. Crew (here’s another slouchy spring one)
Scarf (similar) – Dear Hannah (Hoboken)
‘Jessie’ Sweater – c/o Otte NYC
Jacket – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
LV satchel – Vintage, was Mama’s (so many great affordable options here!)
Necklaces – c/o Sorrelli & Vanessa Mooney
Rings – J. Crew (similar) & vintage
Bracelets – Bauble Bar
Red skinny jeans – c/o Dittos Brand
Boots (similar) – c/o Wanted (old)

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Rachelle March 28, 2013 at 5:45 pm

what a great jacket, love this outfit.

GIVEAWAY on the blog
    xo

• Reply Naomi March 28, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Good riddance beanies and mittens and scarves and cold!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Kelly March 28, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I certainly should and I always intend to switch out my seasonal wardrobe, but it usually just gets shoved to the darkest corners of my already crowded closet. So lazy of me!

I’m so ready to banish the boots, too! After all winter of keeping my feet covered in thick socks, I actually painted my toes yesterday.

• Reply Bon Bon March 29, 2013 at 5:05 am

Definitely have two separate closets for every kind of weather that my city likes to throw my way:-) P.S. Looooooo-huuuuu-ove that jacket! xoxo

• Reply Linda March 30, 2013 at 2:17 pm

These photos look beautiful! I like the way your LV bag looks against the vintage jacket. I admit I used to be afraid of mixing browns that didn’t match exactly. Stylists like you inspire me to just do it!

• Reply sabbir hossain April 2, 2013 at 6:17 am

Colored concrete is another popular choice which can be done by the color pre mixed at the concrete plant and trowel the color (oxide) into the top layer of the plain concrete. You may like Concrete Contractor