Concrete Catwalk // Teddy Bear

February 15, 2013

I had about eight people tell me I reminded them of a teddy bear* when I wore this outfit the other day.  I guess when you’re in chocolatey brown from head to toe, and more than half of you is covered in snuggly materials on a snowy blizzard-y day, people are going to see what they want to see, huh?

Dressing decently during inclement weather is always a bit challenging for me, but I try and add as many layers as I think I’ll need, and keep the patterns/accessories/colors interesting so that I don’t get bored (and hopefully neither do the people who have to look at me). :)  On this particular day, I took a cue from the Candela FW13 presentation from last week, and I bedazzled up my knit-cap with little brooch-like earrings… Such a fun way to spice things up!

Keep reading for the full look and outfit details (plus, a little known secret about me), and I hope you have a cozy three-day weekend filled with less snow and more snuggles!

*I can’t believe I’m about to admit this, but I still sleep with a bear of my own (Name: Teddy) that my Aunt Krissy gave me on the day I was born! (Hi, Krissy!!! XO) He’s 28 years old, traveled to at least half a dozen countries and I can count the amount of nights that I’ve slept without him next to me on one hand.  There.  Now we’re all a little bit closer, see?

Did you sleep with a bear or a special blanket/pillow growing up?  I love learning these fun tidbits about my friends, so feel free to share in the comments! XO

Top to Bottom:
Cashmere knit cap -Gift from a client (similar)
Earrings – Bauble Bar
Leopard print blouse – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Sweater – c/o The Limited (similar)
Coat – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Scarf – Present from Mama (similar)
Necklace – c/o Karen London
Ring – Vintage, Etsy (similar)
Handbag – kate spade NY (similar)
Brown riding pants – Joe Fresh (similar)
Brown ‘Ursela’ boots (only $63!) – c/o MIA

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Melody February 15, 2013 at 1:33 pm

It’s cute that you still have that teddy bear. I love your scarf!! I bought my best-friend a really similar one while I was in Turkey and I’m still kicking myself for not bringing one home for me!

• Reply Jessie Artigue February 16, 2013 at 2:34 am

Aw, I hate it when that happens! How sweet of you to snag one for your friend, though!

• Reply La Saloperie February 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I think you kind of look like a fortune teller – I think it’s the combo of the paisley with the fur.

Also, I still sleep with my baby blanket! I always assumed I’d outgrow it and I never really did. No shame though! But it is nice to see I’m not the only one.

• Reply Jessie Artigue February 16, 2013 at 2:35 am

Haha, thanks! And glad to know I’m not alone in my sleeping necessities! :)

• Reply Alexia Mickens February 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm

This look does scream fortune teller but I think it’s great! I’m in love with fur!

Alexia of Sweet Bird
    vintage shop, Beautiful Savage

• Reply Greetings from Texas! February 15, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Cute, cute, cute! Happy weekend pretty girl!

• Reply christin February 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm

you already know this, but i am obsessed with that coat. a lot.

• Reply Lora February 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Lora February 15, 2013 at 3:10 pm

As a Chicagoan, I feel you when it comes to dressing in awful weather. It’s tough, but I think if I had that coat I might actually be sad to see the snow leave!

I still sleep with my baby blankets. The two old sisters (Thyra and Lois) who lived next door to my parents when I was born knitted them for me. We might be 28 year olds with bears and blankets, but I think it’s nice to have something to hold on to. :)

• Reply & Pretty Things February 15, 2013 at 3:21 pm

love the pop of neon in your teddybear outfit! x

& Pretty Things

• Reply Naomi February 15, 2013 at 4:17 pm

You’re the prettiest bear ever! I’d like to squeeze you in a big hug~

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Jessie Artigue February 16, 2013 at 2:35 am

Sending you a big virtual hug right back!!! XO

• Reply hillarychristine February 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm

You look very cozy chic – perfect for the NYC winter. And full disclosure: I sleep with a stuffed Penguin that my bf won for me in one of those claw games on a date… :)

hillarychristine.wordpress.com

• Reply Jessie Artigue February 16, 2013 at 2:36 am

Adorable!!! And so glad to know I’m not alone!!!

• Reply Pili's style February 17, 2013 at 9:59 pm

layers,layers,layers!
    cool!

• Reply Fashion-isha February 19, 2013 at 5:49 am

You do look cozy but super chic too!
    xo