DIY // Fluorescent Flowers

January 9, 2013
Check out the full outfit you see above, here!

I mentioned last week that I’ve done the neon necklace update before, but couldn’t resist using a similar technique to save this old favorite from the giveaway pile by giving it new life.

Keep reading for the easy 1-2-3 below, and let me know if you try it out for yourself!

As is the case with most of my DIY projects, the steps are shamefully simple, and the supplies include just two things: the jewelry you’d like to transform and a can of the brightest color of spray paint that you can find.  I used a bottle of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor that I found at the corner hardware store, but this little mini-can would do the job just fine!

Too busy to make one of these puppies for yourself?  Here’s a super similar style available at Bauble Bar for those who would rather shop than spray paint!

*Photography by Sara Haile!*

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Erin @ thanks, I made it January 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Nothing like a good spray paint makeover! Love the pink under your denim collar.

• Reply Lia {Smart n Snazzy} January 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Great makeover! The hot pink looks great with your skin tone, and really pops with the neutrals :)
    xx
    Lia

• Reply Cait Val January 9, 2013 at 2:25 pm

um. want. to try. now!
    LOVE.

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

• Reply Anna (South Molton St Style) January 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Awww this is awesome, similar to Geneva at A Pair And A Spare’s pop pop DIY. LOVE IT xx

South Molton St Style

• Reply Jess Lee January 10, 2013 at 12:26 am

So simple!! I love a good DIY :) great post.
    xo Jessica

• Reply One Girl January 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I’ve tried spray painting a necklace and the smell when I wore it was a bit overwhelming. Did you let it air out for a few days? That might have been my mistake.

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 14, 2013 at 3:16 am

Oooh, I can definitely see the smell being a bit of a (literal) headache… I did let mine dry for several hours on the paper, and then didn’t wear it for nearly a week. Perhaps that’s why I didn’t notice the smell? I’d always recommend doing the spray-painting part outside, as well. :)

• Reply HOLEH POCKET January 18, 2013 at 1:49 am

This turned out so cute! I think I have a necklace in mind to try this out on :)
    holehpocket.blogspot.com