Concrete Catwalk // Striped Stretchy Skirt

January 28, 2013

So many things happening this week… Shall we get right to it?  It’s a bit of an unconventional morning for me today (explanation below), but I’m still feeling groovy in my new bangs and have been enjoying the little extra injection of inspiration they’ve given me for my recent style choices.  Love how even small hair changes can make such a big difference in how I feel about getting dressed!

Keep reading for the rest of the look, and to find out about a few fun things going on with me lately…

1.  Stretchy Pencil Skirts // I’m obsessed and I can’t stop buying them.  The stripey green and black one above was part of a little shopping spree at Madewell recently (thanks to People Stylewatch!), and after nabbing it in a few different prints and patterns, I’m excited to try and style them up in a variety of ways.  Added bonus: They’re the COMFIEST thing to kick around the house in paired with flat ankle boots and a cropped slouchy sweater, but are cute enough to layer up with some fun extras for a weekend of exploring or a night out on the town!

2.  Blogging from the Air // I think I may have forgotten to mention last week that I’m headed out West for some adventures, and am currently writing this post from my favorite spot in the sky.  Snagged an exit row all to myself on a nearly-empty Southwest flight, and feel like I’m flying straight to heaven!  First stop is Boise, ID where I’m visiting two of my besties and their brand-new baby, Clementine Marie (!!!), and then headed to Arizona for a smidgen of client work and then some fun in the sun with the fam.  Baby snuggles and belly laughs, followed by a 70 degree forecast?  I’ll take it!

3.  New Favorite Line // I love coming across fresh talent in the fashion world, but the brand-new line, Figue (pronounced like the fruit) is run by a true industry veteran and a sweetheart-kindred-spirit to boot… in all honesty – she’s my latest major girl-crush.  With a bohemian-chic vibe, Stephanie Von Watzdorf stocks some of the most gorgeous goodies from all over the globe, and designs truly unique pieces that somehow seem to work in both classic or quirky closets alike.  Plus, by placing an emphasis on fair-trade production and supporting her favorite animal-saving organizations… Stephanie is working on changing the world, one jewel-encrusted vintage camo-jacket at a time.  *Swoon*

So that’s the latest and greatest around S&P Headquarters… How about you – was your weekend fabulous?  Do you have anything fun planned for the coming week?

Top to Bottom:
Silk two-pocket blouse – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Mixed metal chain necklace – J. Crew (similar)
Metallic leather jacket – Vintage, Beacon’s Closet (similar)
Stretchy striped skirt – c/o Madewell
Bangles – Vintage, various (also pretty obsessed with these Vanessa Mooney sets)
Black agate cocktail ring – c/o Sorrelli (similar)
Black ‘Boho’ handbag – c/o Figue
Ankle socks – ASOS
‘Prance’ booties – Jeffrey Campbell, c/o Barefoot Tess

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply christin January 28, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Clemintine Marie!? Omg that is the cutest name ever.

• Reply Alissa | Feeling Good January 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm

This skirt is made for you! I just bought the Madewell one in black/white stripes and I can’t wait for it to get here. I’ve already been dreaming up ways to style it. Safe travels and have fun!! :)

Alissa
    FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

• Reply Becky {The Pumpkin Spot} January 28, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Love this look + the bangs look awesome.
    -Becky
    The Pumpkin Spot

• Reply Brookelyn January 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm

That skirt is perfect. Been debating pulling the trigger on one, myself, and this may be the little motivation I needed!

• Reply Kimberly January 28, 2013 at 5:49 pm

LOVE the striped skirt and how you styled it here…plus I’m totally obsessed with your new bangs!! :)

• Reply nancyfrancis January 28, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Love the skirt – wish we had Madewell in Canada!

• Reply Christina January 28, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I love the blue and green skirt! I got a jcrew scarf in the same stripes for Christmas and i LOVE it!

• Reply Sarah {Raving Fashionista} January 29, 2013 at 12:23 am

I LOVE the colorful pom poms on your purse with the striped stretchy skirt!! Such a fun look!!

• Reply jenn~the stylish housewife January 29, 2013 at 5:14 am

this skirt looks FAB on you!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Reply Happiness at Mid LIfe January 29, 2013 at 6:14 am

I just picked up a similar pencil skirt that in tan & black that I haven’t used it. I agree – they are so comfy! Have fun on your little get away!

Alice

• Reply Adiel Cloud January 29, 2013 at 7:49 am

That jacket is amazing with that skirt! Love it!

xo.Adiel
    IBITTM

• Reply Brooklyngal February 11, 2013 at 2:42 am

Love your ensemble, cute skirt!

Nora

• Reply How to Style // A Stretchy Pencil Skirt | Style & Pepper October 7, 2013 at 7:01 am

[…] that seem to have shoved their more restrictive counterparts out of the way.  I have a quirky striped version, a classic solid navy, and one in animal print (naturally), and you’ve probably noticed that […]

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Summer Sweater | Style & Pepper February 19, 2014 at 11:13 am

[…] may remember this same striped pencil skirt from earlier this year (remember those bangs?!), and I’ve noticed recently that the stretchy […]