Concrete Catwalk // New ‘Do

January 22, 2013

If you follow along with my adventures on instagram, you’ve already seen that I’ve switched up my look just a bit lately.  Eek! Bangs!  After nearly two years of trimming my ends by myself over the bathroom sink (ugh, I KNOW), I took the plunge and let my ridiculously talented friend Chris go to town on my locks.   We settled on heavy fringe with some piece-y layers around the front, and although I can’t believe how different it looks with most of my blonde gone, I’ve been having a lot of fun playing around with the new ‘do.

Keep reading for more photos after the jump, and I can’t wait to hear what you think!

Top to Bottom:
Zoe Karssen Love tee – TheOutnet.com
Striped cardigan – Zara (love this one even better – 23!)
Denim jacket – Thrifted (similar bleach-y look)
Necklace – Clyde’s Rebirth
Watches – Borrowed from Mom & Vintage Bill Blass
Bracelet – J. Crew (similar)
Rings – Various… Vintage, Accessorize USA, Wren & Glory, Brooklyn Charm
Navy snake-embossed tote (on sale for $21!) – Accessorize USA
Red maxi skirt – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Low-top all-star tennies – Converse

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Megan O'Connor Mershon January 22, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Your new hair cut looks fantastic! I am also really gigging this vintage skirt. What a great find! – Megan http://www.step-brightly.com

• Reply Niki Caron January 22, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I love the bangs!!! I keep going back and forth about getting them, I have fine hair so I’m not sure if I can pull this look off! But they look gorgeous on you!

• Reply Alissa | Feeling Good January 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I am LOVING the bangs and layers.. color… everything. It’s so perfect on you! I freaked out a little when I saw you Instagram pic (in a good way) because you looked gorgeous!

Alissa
    FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

• Reply Alyssa January 22, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who has been trimming their own hair haha But I absolutely love, love, love this cut on you!!! Looks amazing!

xo,

Alyssa

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 22, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Glad I’m not the only one, TOO! Thanks, Alyssa!

• Reply April January 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I really love the new hair. I saw on Instagram and immediately went “Wow, that looks great!” Your hair is already so amazing anyway. Love it!

-April

• Reply christin January 22, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I love it! I’ve been toying around with bangs but I don’t know if I’m as brave as you are :)

• Reply hillarychristine January 22, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I’m in LOVE with this outfit – definitely planning to recreate! And the hair looks great, I’ve been sporting bangs off and on for about two years, and I always end up going back to them.

hillarychristine.wordpress.com

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 22, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I love your bangs! Totally copying your sideswept look this week. :) XO

• Reply M. (Faded M Style) January 22, 2013 at 6:57 pm

You look amazing with bangs! I am loving your new look! xo

• Reply Unknown January 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Can you recommended to us some frizz off products for your hair? I have a pretty similar texture on mine, but since I had moved to Mexico, I´m such a static victim all the time.
    Greetings from México
    Jaqueline Gracia

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 22, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Sure, Jaqueline! I actually have very dry hair, so fighting frizz (and in the winter, static!) is something that I do daily. My main “weapons of choice” are VO5 detangling shine spray, moroccan oil, and aveda leave-in heat treatment (plus, I only wash it every 1-2 weeks!). Would it be helpful if I did a post about describing the process/etc? Let me know, and I’d be happy to try and get my thoughts together on the topic!

• Reply jade January 23, 2013 at 1:59 am

I would love to read a post on your whole hair ‘process’… Goin that long between washes n what u do each day to keep it looking good etc

• Reply jade January 23, 2013 at 2:00 am

• Reply barefootandvintage January 22, 2013 at 11:08 pm

love it love it love it! everything. head to toe. amazeballs. i don’t comment often, but seriously…i just adore you. :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 22, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Um, I adore YOU!!! Seriously, just clicked through an embarrassing amount of your adorable archives, and now I’m hooked on B&V. ;) Thanks for saying hiiiiiyyeeee! XO

• Reply sarah January 23, 2013 at 12:23 am

Love the new look! and your awesome layering skills- I always admire the outfits you come up with! See ya tomorrow ;)

• Reply Laura @ Chaotic Domestic January 23, 2013 at 12:43 am

Love the bangs! They look great on you!

• Reply putri soe January 23, 2013 at 4:39 am

I love that you mix the red skirt with the converse–and that it has a big slit behind it! Sexy without revealing too much! Great!

Cheers from Jakarta,
    Putri Soe

SUPERNICE — win Blackberry Davis in my #giveaway!

• Reply FromGemWithLove January 23, 2013 at 9:34 am

You look beautiful and this outfit is fierce, I adore the skirt! xx

• Reply Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl January 23, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Love the new hair…and that outfit is amazing!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

• Reply Becky Nally January 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Jessie~Your hair looks great! Love the bangs!!

Becky

• Reply Elizabeth January 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Ooh I love your hair! Sort of tempted to get something similar…

Cute and comfy outfit too!! :)
    xo

• Reply Cara Northcutt January 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Obsessed with how you mixed together all these different pieces. Love you hair as well, looks fantastic!

• Reply theknittycontessa.etsy.com January 23, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Love the bangs! …. and that red skirt, adore!

• Reply Adiel Cloud January 24, 2013 at 5:52 am

Wow! Your hair looks stunning! Thanks for the reminder to schedule a salon appointment! ;)

xo.Adiel