Concrete Catwalk // Jumpsuit

January 25, 2013

When I posted a few weeks ago about styling a jumpsuit for winter, I had no idea I’d come across the little gem you see above just a few days later at the Brooklyn Flea.  I took a leap of faith by purchasing without trying-on, and was very pleased to find that it fits like a glove.  It has quickly become one of my favorite-ever vintage finds, and I love knowing that I’ll be able to wear it year-round for quite sometime.

Taking a cue from the pages of my own blog, I added a mixed media jacket, some winter accessories, and of course, some bold color for good measure.  Check out the rest of the outfit photos, and full details below, and let me know what you think of my version here in the comments!

P.S.  You win 50 extra points and a big virtual hug from me if you can identify the location that the outfit photos above were taken. :)

P.P.S. Happy Friday!!!

Shop for more pretty patterned rompers here:

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – Nordstrom (similar)
Scarf – J. Crew (love this similar dark floral one)
Romper – Vintage, Bogart & Moore at the Brooklyn Flea
Bronze belt – J. Crew (similar)
Bracelets – c/o Bauble Bar & Sorrelli
Ring – Vintage, Etsy (love this round or this square option)
Leather sleeve jacket – Zara (similar)
Blue ‘Lucy’ satchel – c/o Botkier
Socks -J. Crew (similar)
Boots – Sam Edelman (similar)

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Megan O'Connor Mershon January 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This Romper is amazing! What a find. Looks great on you. – Megan http://www.step-brightly.com

• Reply Naomi January 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Now that’s a romper I can jump on board with! Loving the peek of socks~

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply angie January 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm

You are rocking that jumpsuit! Loving the new hair by the way.

• Reply Abigail@BelovedPhotos.com January 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm

This make this outfit look like so much fun. But I’m a little hesitant to give this style a try. Do you think a petite and curvy lady can pull it off just as well?

Princeton is especially lovely this time of year.

• Reply Abigail@BelovedPhotos.com January 25, 2013 at 2:26 pm

You make this outfit look like so much fun. But I’m a little hesitant to give this style a try. Do you think a petite and curvy lady can pull it off just as well?

Princeton is especially lovely this time of year.

• Reply Ashlei Mosley January 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm

That romper is so emotional! You look so long, lean, and statuesque in it! Happy Friday to you, hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xx
    Ashlei

• Reply Lora January 25, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I think you were born to rock jumpsuits. This might be my all time favorite outfit of yours! Is it weird to say that I think the new bangs totally work with the 70’s vibe of the jumpsuit? Well, regardless, they do, and they look great.

-Lora

• Reply hillarychristine January 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm

This may be one of my favorite looks ever! You look fantastic in this jumpsuit – styled perfectly for winter. Happy Friday.

hillarychristine.wordpress.com

• Reply NadineisthatU January 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Has to be a library, full light well windows for studying. The stone color identifies it as Princeton. The little print is gorgeous and high energy. Although, I made a jump suit back in the day, out of light linen, and I was going to have perfection. I achieved it in the sewing and assembly, but alas I couldn’t even get it over my shoulders. I was horrified when I found the body was so short in both the bodice and trouser. I am longer than normal in both areas. Then a purple jersey light knit pant suit came along, it was mine, and into IBM I went, royally.

• Reply Brookelyn January 25, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Are you at Princeton? That jumper is amazing- what a great find! And I adore your bangs!

• Reply whitley hamlin January 26, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Jessie,

The outfit is a 10, absolutely!! You look fabulous with your new bangs! You could have been the 4th roommate on Three’s Company! That last picture is fantastic.
    Whitley

• Reply Berty Morales January 26, 2013 at 5:09 pm

You look amazing and that is a great jumpsuit. Love the jacket as well…xoxoxo