Concrete Catwalk // Evolve

January 16, 2013

Always a sucker for products with meaning, I was super excited to hear about the latest and greatest from one of my all-time faves.  Meg Biram is one of the most creatively savvy people I know, and the energy and heart that she has put into to her brand new t-shirt line, Manifesto, is simply inspiring.

A Manifesto is defined as a written statement declaring intentions, motives or views, and with each month of the year, brings a new tee featuring a word that is sure to encourage us to embrace it as manifesto of our very own.

Not only does it make me feel a little like a chic-lady-version of SuperMan, this t-shirt is already one of my favorite items of 2013.  I honestly can’t say which I love more: the super-soft knit fabric, chic handwritten design, or the incredible meaning it has for the current season of our lives.  It has had me daydreaming and scheming all week about how I’d like to evolve in 2013 (and feeling grateful for how far I’ve come in the last few years), and it already feels like a monthly practice that I could really get used to. :)

Find out more about the project by viewing the lookbook here, and visit Manifesto tees to grab one for yourself.  (There’s only a limited amount of each word/month, so if this one speaks to you, you’ll want to snatch it up before they’re gone!)

More fun photos and the outfit details, below!

Follow along with MANIFESTO: website / twitter / instagram / facebook / lookbook

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – c/o Bauble Bar (similar)
Fur stole – The Limited (similar here, infinity version here)
Evolve t-shirt – c/o Manifesto
Blazer -Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Jeans – Forever21 (similar)
Handbag – Vintage, thrifted
Bracelets – Vintage, various
Heels – Charlotte Russe (similar)

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Anonymous January 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Love it! Especially how you styled it with the emerald stole. I’m going to go order one right now! Question…how’s the fit? I want to wear it a little loose…what size are you wearing here?

Thanks!!

–Joy

• Reply Jessie Artigue January 16, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Hi Joy! Thanks! My t-shirt is a small, and I love the way it fits. I actually just ran it through the wash, and it held up perfectly, but I’m not going to dry it because if gets any smaller I think it will be too snug for my liking. Next month, I might get a medium so that I can throw it in without having to worry about shrinkage.

Hope this helps, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Ashlei Mosley January 17, 2013 at 12:33 am

I’m loving that fur stole! The color is gorgeous. I really love this look overall with the colors, prints, and textures…it creates a very balanced, yet interesting outfit. Fabulous as always!

xx
    Ashlei

• Reply Naomi January 17, 2013 at 2:00 am

I totally pinned the pic of you when I first saw it on Meg’s blog! You look great!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply the Queen City Style January 17, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Jessie,

Love this! That green fur around your neck is to die for and totally makes your eyes pop! Love the earrings and the equal pop of red in your lips. Hope you are well!
    Whitley

• Reply Anonymous January 17, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Jess, I love seeing what you have come up with next! We need you here in AZ for some fashion inspiration.hope to see your mom at the Phoenix open. Nannette

• Reply NadineisthatU January 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Yes, a good gray, too. Perfect neck, as well.
    My first tee with words, back in the ’70’s was “A woman’s place is in the House and in the Senate.” But, I don’t think I was wearing it when I won the wet tee-shirt contest. I was as surprised as faculty as I was the ‘mature’ woman on the grounds.

• Reply Rocks Paper Metal January 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Your emerald fur stole is so classy! Love how it looks paired with your jacket ! Your so gorgeous!!

• Reply Alyssa January 18, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Love Meg’s new line & love how you styled it here! The color of that stole is gorgeous!

xo,

Alyssa

• Reply Lady of Style January 21, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Emerald suits you so well and your beautiful eyes compete with your earrings! Amazing…

Annette