Trendwatch // Tortoise

December 11, 2012

Shop the Trend:
one // two // three // four
five // six // seven // eight

A timeless look that is having a massive moment and making my heart skip two beats.  What is it about the shiny brown-speckled amber (especially gorgeous paired with gold!), that creates such a classic look?

I can’t answer that question for you without further research, and that’s why I think I’m going to have to snatch up a few of these lovelies for myself this week. ;)

Do you use tortoise as an accessory in your home or wardrobe?  Which of the above pieces is your favorite?

P.S. For those who have asked for a Pepperologie recap – I’m putting some fun details together as we speak, and will be sure to post here very soon!

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply NadineisthatU December 11, 2012 at 3:11 pm

There used to be, and probably still is, a drug store in the historical area of Williamsburg, Va., that carried ‘faux’ tortouse hair accessories. My Favorite was the filagree bun or hair basket, with a stick to cover a hair bun. Gave it all away when I went short and gray. Still have two infant barettes in the jewelry box along with my skate key. Used to have shoes in the 70’s, tortouse and something, by Louis Jordan, I think, but I am strictly in MBt’s and ballet slippers these days with my third to forced to the ground.

• Reply NadineisthatU December 11, 2012 at 3:13 pm

• Reply Laura @ Chaotic Domestic December 11, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I love the shoes (#1). They’re adorable!

• Reply Hope December 11, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Those heels are amazing! Can’t wait to read the Pepperologie recap. :)

• Reply kiwilace December 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I love the detail on those heels! I have a tortoise watch that I’m wearing today & LOVE!

Michelle
    kiwilace.blogspot.com

• Reply Aleksandra December 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I love those, perfect for autumn and winter… but it reminds me more of amber, not tortoise :) But maybe it’s only me

• Reply kiley December 12, 2012 at 1:29 am

tortoise is such a classic, lovely look! those shoes are gorgeous – too fun!

• Reply Jessie Artigue December 12, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Sounds like the general consensus is that we love the shoes!!! :)

• Reply popcornandpandas December 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm

That glassware is really cool! Shoes are fantastic, and definitely love those sunnies as well ;-)

Gina

• Reply Cressie Matthews December 14, 2012 at 3:50 am

Yes! I own a lovely pair of tortoise frames!