How to Style // A Quirky Sweater

December 19, 2012
On sale for $18 now at Old Navy!

Our Christmas vacation this year has us visiting both Southern California (arriving today!) and then we’re off to Park City, Utah on Sunday, and I’d be lying if I told you that packing for a 10-day trip to both climates was anything but challenging.

Since light layers can go a long way this time of year, I decided to share two variations of how I’ll be styling up a cute little quirky little sweater over the next week and a half, and hopefully it will give you a bit of inspiration no matter what type of weather you’ll be encountering for the rest of the year.

Check out both looks below and let me know which you like best…  I’m feeling a little more inspired now that I’ve gotten to shop around a bit, and I can’t wait to pick up one of these heart print cuties (and maybe a few others from Old Navy while I’m at it)!

Shop Sun-lover:
Animal-print Booties $25, Lucite Sunglasses $128,

Shop Snow-bunny:
      Ski leggings (fleece lined!!) $, Striped Thermal Tee $60,
      Heart Sweater $18, Waterproof Boots $120, Cable-knit Beanie $6,
      Puffer Jacket w/ Fur Trim $25 (!), Pink Spotted Socks $45

P.S. Did you take an extra close look at these prices?  I can’t help but be excited about some of the MAJOR deals I found! ;)

Happy shopping, and I’ll talk to you soon!

This post is kindly brought to you by Old Navy

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
      Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Kimberly December 19, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Great ideas here – I recently bought the sheep sweater from Old Navy and it’s been sitting in my closet with the tags still on because I haven’t been sure of how to wear it…this gives me some inspiration! :)

• Reply Jessie Artigue December 19, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Ach! I totally wanted the sheep sweater, but I think it’s sold out in my size (and maybe all sizes)! I think it would totally work with either of these looks, and both would look just SMASHING on you. ;) XOXO

• Reply Laura @ Chaotic Domestic December 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I love the sun look! The colors are fun and I love the chambray under the printed sweater. Great look!

• Reply Ashlei Mosley December 19, 2012 at 2:06 pm

The sun look is my favorite! I’m also very partial to leopard print, especially on booties! :) I have a few quirky sweaters that I tend to only style in one way, so this definitely gave me some inspiration on different ways to style them!

xx
        Ashlei

• Reply M. (Faded M Style) December 19, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I love the quirky sweaters Old Navy has out now! I love how you styled both the looks, especially sun lover as I never would have thought to pair it with a pencil skirt! Super cute! xo
        Best, M.

• Reply Erin December 20, 2012 at 5:44 am

I like the layering over the stripes! And that pencil skirt is very chic.

-Erin-