Concrete Catwalk // Bright White

November 8, 2012

White jeans after Labor Day?!?  I know – you may think I’m nutty, but it just seemed like the right choice for running a slew of errands on a chilly day in the city (which happens to be looking sartorially darker and darker as the days go by).  If my colorless choice of leg-wear can reflect a little extra sunlight into someone’s life, then I’ll consider my fashion faux-pax totally worth it.

Check out the full outfit, plus shopping resources below, and let me know in the comments:  Are you brave enough to break this (ridiculously antiquated) fashion “rule”?  I’d love to know: how are you styling your white denim up, post-summertime?

P.S.  Check out all the other times I’ve rocked white pants, and brace yourself for some blasts from the past! :)

Photos taken by Sara Haile

Top to Bottom:
Floppy hat – H&M (similar)
Scarf – Dear Hannah (similar – $8!)
Chambray button-up – Gap, Thrifted (similar)
Cropped leather jacketForever 21
Bracelets – Nike FuelBand & c/o Sorrelli
Handbag – London Fog (silver here & red version here!)
Starfish ring – c/o Shel Jewlery
Necklace – c/o Karen London
White jeansUrban Outfitters
Black booties – c/o ShoeMint

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply NadineisthatU November 8, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Well, I just can’t do it before or after winter has arrived, but boy do I remember the beautiful ‘winter white’ always wool or cashmere, and you had to be well off to afford the quality. Stick with black, one must, if one is down on the farm or in a 19th century city. And as they used to say when I was coming up, if you didn’t follow the dictums, people would think you were ‘on the job.’ LOL. Carry on, a Zebra never changes its stripes, it is the sun and the shadows that does the changing. A zebra is always fashionable!

• Reply Laura @ Chaotic Domestic November 8, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Great look. I love chambray with leather!

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence November 8, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I can do white wool sweaters, white chiffon skirts, white cashmere… but I just am not ballsy enough to wear white jeans. In any season! lol! I like that you paired yours with leather, rawr!

• Reply christin November 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I love this! That hat is perfect!

• Reply Alissa | Feeling Good November 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm

LOVE this! I still have my white jeans out – but keep forgetting about them! lol I love wearing them with chambray maybe even a chunky knit sweater. Definitely copying this look :)

Alissa
    FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

• Reply The Merchant Project November 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm

cute look! I think perfectly appropriate the way you styled the outfit- Ciao! Catherine

• Reply Krizia November 8, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I LOVE that you busted out the white denim post-Labor Day. I just love when people break fashion “rules”. I don’t have denim blanco, but I do have pantalones blancos which I’m going to bust out tomorrow c/o of your inspiring outfit.

• Reply Rachelle November 8, 2012 at 4:09 pm

this is a great outfit, but I can’t stop looking at your hair. love the color.
    xo
    Rachelle

• Reply CC November 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I love white jeans anytime – unfortunately I no longer have any that fit. :)
    Love the leather and chambray with the white – so perfect for fall. :)

• Reply Kimberly November 8, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I’ve always thought white jeans can transition into fall…and this outfit is proof! Love it all, especially the hat :)

• Reply Jessica Gitler November 8, 2012 at 6:44 pm

awesome outfit, I love white denim no matter what time of the year it is!
    Jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

• Reply Megan, TfDiaries.com November 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm

love these pieces together jessie!
    Xo Megan

• Reply Erin November 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I love how the quirky scarf and hat give this classic outfit a very ‘you’ touch!

-Erin-