Concrete Catwalk // Tux & Tails

October 15, 2012

Perhaps a little cliche, but I couldn’t help playing up the hi-lo hemline of this silk dress with an especially glitzy jacket, in a classic tuxedo shape.  Studded boots and neon jewelry tempered the sugarysweet hair-do & floral tights, and the look ended up being a quirky interpretation of one of my many different takes on personal style.

Keep reading for the rest of the look below, and don’t forget: there’s a big announcement happening this week, so be sure to stay tuned for that, and I hope you have a fabulous Monday in the meantime!

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – c/o Sorrelli
Necklaces – c/o AVP Designs
Shirtdress – Szeki NYC
Blazer – c/o Line & dot (similar in black here)
Valentina satchel – Botkier
Tights – Charlotte Russe (similar)
Boots – c/o Layla Joy

Do you receive the S&P newsletter?
Be sure to stay in the know by signing up for the Spicy Scoop!

• Reply Kimberly October 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Love that bag & the sequin-sleeve blazer…plus your hair looks amazing like this!

• Reply Alissa | Feeling Good October 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

OMG I am looovingggg that blazer!!!! So perfect! You look sparkly and beautiful!!

• Reply Camille October 15, 2012 at 12:56 pm

you’re so good at this. AMAZED. thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply Rachelle October 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Love this darling jacket, and cute tights.

• Reply Greetings from Texas! October 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Looking good lady!! =)

• Reply christin October 15, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I am obsessed with this!

• Reply Rachel Smith October 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

That jacket is amazing!!!

• Reply Krizia October 15, 2012 at 8:47 pm

:O One of my favorite looks of yours; I don’t know what it is about this look that makes it perfect for you. Everything is just so quirky yet it all goes well together! P.S. I will not be a spoiler but I’m super excited for your next project (I read about it in your last newsletter; I’m assuming that’s what you’re referring to in this post ;)

• Reply Jessie Artigue October 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Aw, thank you Dear!!! And thanks for your excitement about the newest project! :) XOXO

• Reply Erin October 15, 2012 at 9:51 pm

The cobalt shirt dress is so pretty! I love how styled in such a fun way with the floral leggings and glittery blazer!

• Reply Happiness at Mid Life October 16, 2012 at 2:56 am

Very fun look! I love your boots!

• Reply thefashionistachic October 16, 2012 at 3:04 am

I like the pieces individually but as a look, it doesn’t work. It actually looks clownish.

• Reply Jessie Artigue October 16, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Sorry you feel that way, TFC – My quirky style is definitely not for everyone. :)

To be equally honest, I’m a little surprised to find a comment like this coming from a website that claims to “Empower and enrich women’s lives through development of personal style” and says that you “focus on inspiring positive emotions through healthy living and a healthy self image.”

Interesting contradiction, but happy to have you pop by and join the conversation regardless!

• Reply Kristen October 16, 2012 at 3:13 am

I like the blazer, looks like it could be a fun DIY.

• Reply Lindsey Louise Bales October 16, 2012 at 5:21 am

i love all of the pieces of this outfit! and your hair is amazing!

lindsey louise

• Reply the Queen City Style October 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Awww, Jessie, how fun are you?! Love this!!! And, the milk maid hair… creative and precious as ever :).
    ps–Your response to TFC is perfection… not that you are trying to be anything other than you, I know… but kill them with kindness my dear. Bravo for staying true to fabulous you :)

• Reply Kastles October 17, 2012 at 11:30 pm

That blazer is amazing!!!! Love it! And that blue is so gorgeous on you! Hope you are having a great week!
    <3 Kastles