Concrete Catwalk // Pajamas in Public

September 28, 2012

Looking for a little bit of weekend-wear to get you excited for the next few days?  You’ve come to the right place. (And I’m SO glad you’re here.)

Read on to see how I style up the “pajama” trend we’ve been seeing so much of recently, and for a kick-butt photo of me doing my best ninja impression. ;)

Wore this outfit for some errand-running last Sunday; We needed to take my MacBook into the Apple store to get serviced (hence the insanely functional and adorable computer bag), and ended up making a very special purchase that I’m typing on this very minute… A sleek little wireless keyboard, and a brand new iMac to match!

I knew I wanted to wear my sassy little leather shorts, and throwing on an easy breezy top just seemed like the perfect counterpart, no?  Have you tried the pajama trend for yourself yet?  I was a little hesitant at first, but now that I’ve experienced it, I’m totally hooked.  Want to know the clincher?  Wearing pajama-inspired pieces out in public feels like exactly like WEARING PAJAMAS IN PUBLIC! :)

Check out these shoppable options that I’ve rounded up below, and have a Wonderful Weekend, friends!!!

Top to Bottom:
Pajama top – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Chain-link necklace – c/o Sorrelli
Turquoise horn necklace – c/o Little Black Bag (similar)
Leather shorts – Free People
Bronze belt – J. Crew (similar)
Handbag – c/o Lo & Sons
Bracelets – Nike Fuelband & c/o Giles & Brothers
Sandals – J. Crew (lots of great options on sale, here!)

• Reply LyddieGal September 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Ohhhh, congrats on the new computer!
    Love your blouse, it’s practically iridescent.
    Chic on the Cheap

• Reply The Fashion Column September 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

You definitely make the pajama trend look fabulous! Love the top paired with those edgy leather shorts ;)

• Reply christin September 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I definitely want to try it. I love wearing PJs so why not in public?

• Reply Neekoh September 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Your post title piqued my interest. I’m a huge supporter of wearing PJs in public and I totally love this look!

XXo,
    Neekoh

• Reply Tracy Davis September 29, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Love this so much!!! Love the pairing with the leather shorts to make it society appropriate :).

Tracy
    therightshoesblog.com

• Reply Happiness at Mid Life September 30, 2012 at 5:09 am

This is an adroable outfit! Your top surely doesn’t look like pjs. ….it is way to too pretty to be worn sleeping.

Alice

• Reply supremecouture October 2, 2012 at 6:00 am

I like the style of blogger to show this blog. I liked this blog because it is shown in a good manner. and here are many informational thing which is very good to have.thanks for this nice one !!!
    Fight Club Jackets

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Leather Sweats | Style & PepperStyle & Pepper December 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

[…] hopped on the leather sweatpants bandwagon, and it has been a delicious decision that takes wearing pajamas in public to a whole new level.  (I splurged a bit on the pair shown here, but this version is […]