Concrete Catwalk // Mauve on the Move

September 26, 2012

Some of the only outfit photos I snagged from actual NYFW events, these might just be some of my favorites in a long time.  See below for how you can get the grecian-inspired look for yourself, and to hear why I’ll wear vintage until the day I die.

Photos by Kim

One of the things I love most about NYFW is truly the incredible people watching that you can partake in just by being around other fashion-industry professionals, and this past season definitely did not disappoint.

However, with so many style mavens in one concentrated area, you’re bound to see some overlapping in pieces from notable brands and designers.  That is honestly one of of the reasons that I love wearing vintage (several other reasons here) during a time when it’s highly likely that I could otherwise show up to an event wearing the exact same thing as at least 3 other people.

The monochromatic simplicity of the look above, along with the flowy lines of the 1970s maxidress made me feel like I stood out from the crowd, and I loved knowing that I was the only one at Lincoln Center in the same thing.  Take a peek below at the other Grecian-inspired gowns that I’m loving lately, and let me know if you end up trying the trend for yourself!

Top to Bottom:
Sunnies – Urban Outfitters (similar)
Earrings – Handmade by me (similar)
Dress – Vintage, thrifted
Belt – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Oxfords – Vintage (Bally!), thrifted (similar)
Backpack – c/o Lo & Sons
Bracelets & watches – Vintage, various

• Reply Shay Lianna September 26, 2012 at 5:06 pm

So pretty!

xo,
    Shay

• Reply Kimberly September 26, 2012 at 5:15 pm

The color and fluidity of this dress is just gorgeous on you – love how you styled your hair here too!

• Reply sweetersalt.com September 26, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I have a 1970’s maxi with the same silhouette / neckline and I love it! Here: http://bit.ly/RYMtHt

Love the look!

• Reply Erin September 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm

This dress is stunning! And i love how you wore it with oxfords.

-Erin-

• Reply Angela Marie September 26, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I am sure you stood out in such an amazing way. I am completely in love with this look. The dress is perfect! And it looks so flowy , i love it!! Beautiful :)

Angela @ The Lovely Cup

• Reply Laura @ Chaotic Domestic September 27, 2012 at 3:16 am

That dress is FABULOUS! Love the belt, too!

• Reply CC September 27, 2012 at 6:00 am

Gorgeous! Love the oxfords – perfect touch. :-

• Reply Berty Morales September 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

That is a fabulous dress and love the color!

• Reply kimberlyloc September 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm

i am getting much more into vintage pieces — vintage designer + vintage “just a cool piece.” agree with you on the fact that with so many fashiony people around, be it on the blogs, at fashion weeks, etc., you run the risk of looking, well, like a fashion lemming. great dress, jessie! xo

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence September 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm

That dress is gorgeous! I love the color and the complementing shoes and bag too!

• Reply Johanna September 27, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I wish I could take you thrifting with me. This dress is gorge and so graceful. You styled it perfectly!

• Reply Sierra September 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

You look so pretty! Fabulous photos btw…I’m obsessed with #8!

• Reply WebHauteJas September 27, 2012 at 7:38 pm

as soon as i saw this dress, i knew you had found it thrifting!! …it reminds me of one that i let get away one evening…never again, never again i say!!

…good find, very pretty & flowy!

~jasmine