I know, I know – we’re still in what feels like the midst of summer, but I’ve already started to think about shopping for the upcoming fall, if you can believe it!
I always love visiting the Nordstom Anniversary Sale every year at this time, because it brings back fond memories of back to school shopping with my Mama. We’d scour the racks together, in search of new pieces to add to our wardrobes, and would always walk away with a handful full of gems. Both major bargain hunters at heart, we agreed that a huge part of the fun was the thrill of finding things we loved for less than their usual retail price.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale started this weekend, and when I was asked to share about the event here with you, I knew immediately that I wanted to create a post around student-worthy-style featuring a few of my favorite trends for the upcoming season. Here are some key pieces that I’ll be reaching for when the temps start to drop:
- Polka dotted blouse – let’s be honest: polka dotted everything!
- Cropped plaid trousers – wear with sky high heels and tucked in top
- Minimalistic moto jacket – this chic little gray one would be the perfect transitional piece
- Men’s-inspired watch – look for dark leather straps and gold/brass hardware
- Jewel toned tote – great for standing out against drab neutrals
- Patent leather tech accessories – obviously my iPad wants to look cute, too ;)
- Burgundy buckle loafers – extra points for a gold buckle & a chunky heel
I’m heading to the nearest Nordstom today with my trusty shopping bag carrier *ahem* husband by my side, and can’t wait to report back here with what we find! I’d love to know what upcoming fall trends you are most looking forward to wearing… Are you going to be swinging by the Sale anytime this week?