Sharing a moment in the kitchen with my Chrissie-pie
Very rarely do I turn down an excuse to host a get together, and when Simply Orange asked if we'd like to share an evening of sips and snacks with a few friends (their treat!), I jumped at the chance. Opening our home to others is something that I truly love, and in keeping with the "Simply" theme I knew I wanted to make things easy and casual, but still totally delish.
Keep reading for the full spread and find out how to make the yummy "Simply" cocktails we're drinking out of my new vintage ship tumblers. :)
An in-progress Chihuahua Marg made with my favorite simply of the bunch: grapefruit!
G created our summer cocktails of the evening, featuring two of the newer additions to the Simply Orange family: Simply Grapefruit and Simply Cranberry. Again, you can't get much easier with these few key ingredients and one quick step.
- Chihuahua Margarita: 2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. Simply Grapefruit & 3 dashes of bitters
- Pink Lady: 2 oz. rum, 2 oz Simply Cranberry & a splash of lemon juice
1. Simply Cranberry & Simply Grapefruit c/o of Simply Orange
2. Grilled Shrimp Salad with lemon and basil (in my acacia salad bowl)
3. A variety of crackers: Multi-grain sesame, pretzel thins & rice wafers
5. Cheese board! Tallegio, yellow parm, poppyseed dragon & blue displayed on a fun slate c/o West Elm and served up by my little mouse-and-cheese shaped knives from Christine (similar). :)
As you can see, the snacks were a hodge-podge of finger foods and a delicious entree-worthy (and dude approved) salad made by Christine's husband, Jon. Morgan brought fresh veggies and hummus and I made a quick couscous and black bean salad and then a batch of my healthy chocolate chip cookies to bring things to a sweet close at the end of the night. Wish you all could have joined us!!!
Do you like to entertain in your home or are you more of a great guest? When everyone is bringing their summertime favorite to share, what's your go-to dish or drink?
Disclaimer: I value you SO much as readers, and I consider review opportunities very carefully before entering into an agreement with a brand. This gift bag was provided by Simply Orange Juice Company, but I'm not being compensated for the post otherwise. The review you'll find here is written in 100% my own words, and not those of Simply Orange Juice Company - Thanks for reading!