Splure or Steal // Tortoise Sunnies

May 30, 2012
Miu Miu Sunglasses – $390 // ASOS Sunglasses – $21

I’ve been spotting these gorgeous Miu Miu sunglasses all over the blog-o-sphere lately, and I have to admit: when a trend becomes supersaturated, it makes it WAY easier for me to resist splurging on the style for myself.  That’s why when I saw a nearly-identical pair on ASOS last week, I realized that spending a tiny fraction of the cost would make me much less concerned about tiring of the trend too quickly.

*** Update: It looks like the Asos pair have already sold out!!! I’ve tried to find a few other shop-able options for you (though none came in quite as inexpensive) but here are the links: American Apparel – $45, Sabre – $90, and Elizabeth & James – $185. ***

I’d love to know: when it comes to sunglasses, do you typically opt for the splurge or the steal?

• Reply Alissa Kelly May 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’ve seen these types of sunnies everywhere and LOVE them but never found ones for a reasonable price.. until your post! Thanks for doing this.. I might have to buy the ASOS ones now :)

• Reply Ashlei M. May 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I usually opt for the steal as I’m always breaking/losing my sunnies. If I do splurge on a pair then it’s going to be a classic style that I can always wear. I’m loving those ASOS ones, may need to make a trip to their site, haha! :)

xo
    Ashlei

• Reply Julie D. May 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm

When it comes to sunnies- I always opt for the steal. I’d be too afraid to wear $400 sunglasses because I’d probably just scratch, break, or lose them.

Though I have been lusting after the glitter versions of those Miu Mius…

Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

• Reply Kristin and Lindsay: Passport To Style May 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I’ve found soo many high-end look a likes that are so reasonably priced its great! thanks for finding this one!

-Passport to Style Team

• Reply The Mrs. and The Momma May 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I agree…once it’s become so poplular it’s practically a uniform for everyone, it lessens the wow-factor for me. Spending less makes it okay! Thanks for sharing!!!!
    -Kristen

The Mrs. and The Momma

• Reply Natasha Fatah May 30, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Or there’s $7 ones at Forever21 every summer. ;)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply KShonk Designs May 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I just splurged on a pair of classic Ray Bans but I usually do cheapie cheaps because I loose them so easily. Keep your fingers crossed that I keep the Ray Bans!