Hair // Refinery 29 Bridal DIY

May 12, 2012

If you’re already a subscriber to the Refinery29 newsletter, you probably saw this feature last week, but I thought I’d share it here, just in case. ;)

I was asked to help R29 by modeling for a DIY wedding hairstyle tutorial that showed 3 great ways to get bridal-worthy hair with out having to visit a salon on your big day.  I’ve been hitched for almost 5 years now, but we all know that with summer approaching – wedding and party season is right around the corner.  I think that all of these hairstyles would be great for both the bridal party OR the guests, and you’ll most likely be seeing some version of all three here on S&P before Summer’s end.

My hairstyle was labeled a “retro up-do” and was created by Frederic Fekkai stylist Fabrice Gili… you can imagine my excitement when I heard the look was inspired by the one and only Brigitte Bardot!

PS. I’m dying to know: If you’re married, how did you wear your hair for your big day?  If you’re still a single gal, have you already thought about the styles you’d like to incorporate or are you waiting until you find the right guy? ;)

I wore my hair in long loose waves for my own wedding, but have had at least a dozen different hairstyles/colors between then and now.  Kind of funny thinking back, actually!  See a few snippets in my hair transformation post from a few months ago!

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah May 12, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Saw the slideshow when it was originally on Refinery…they couldn’t have picked a better model. :)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Ali @ Gimme Some Oven May 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Jessie, you look gorgeous! These are so fun! :)

• Reply *Glam Chameleon* May 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Pretty pretty so pretty hair style!:)
    Happy Saturday!
    Jelena

• Reply Saturday Sequins May 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm

That hairstyle looks so cute on you!

I’ve been married for almost three years now, and I didn’t do a lot with my hair — just let it do its naturally curly thing. Of course, I also got married in jeans and a t-shirt….

• Reply Jessie @ Style and Pepper May 13, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I think natural is best. :) I was so glad I went with something simple so that I look like myself in all the photos!

• Reply Loulou May 16, 2012 at 2:27 am

That hair do looks lovely on you. For my wedding I wore my hair in a side swept fishtail braid.

Loulou

• Reply Kimberley - Dream. Delight. Inspire. May 16, 2012 at 3:05 am

Wow, that looks incredible! Very relaxed chic, fancy but not too fancy. Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely have to give it a go! x

• Reply theglossarie.com May 17, 2012 at 12:46 am

i think i squealed out loud when i saw you in my r29 for this tutorial! loved seeing your pretty face in my inbox :) my bridal hair was up in a structured bun, topped with a vintage crystal comb (no veil). i loved it!