Event // Tortoise & Blonde Pop-up Shop

May 22, 2012
1. Collins in True Tortoise  2. Delancey in Matte Blue Tortoise (a close second!)
3. Rivington in Fade to Brown  4. Delancey in Matte Rosewood (the winners!)

A few weeks ago, the kind folks at Tortoise & Blonde were kind enough to invite me to their Spring Pop-up Shop, and they let me pick out a brand new pair of stylish specs!  Most people don’t know that I wear glasses because I rarely have them on in outfit photos (exceptions here and here!), but I really can’t see very well without them.

It took me forever to decide on my favorites (so many great ones to choose from), but I finally went with the Delancey in Matte Rosewood.  My favorite part is that even though the outside of the frames have a muted wood-grain effect, the inside edges are a warm rosy color and it almost seems to give my skin a pinkish glow when I have them on – like instant blush!

A pic of the Delancey’s in action from the Style & Pepper Instagram feed!

I have to admit that this new pair brings my eye wear obsession collection to a frighteningly new high, but this girl’s gotta be able to see in style – right?  Most of my other specs are vintage and this is the first new pair I’ve added in years, but now I feel like the flood gates have opened and can’t resist adding a few others to my wishlist, as well.

Do you wear glasses?  (If so, are they real?)  Please tell me I’m not the only one who likes to have more than one option to match my sartorial mood…  ;)

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah May 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Good choice lovely.
    I love their golden tone. :)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Fashion-isha May 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I saw you on the Daily Buzz and I love your blog! I’m a new follower!!
    Come say hi!
    xo
    Sharon
    PS Love the glasses :)

• Reply KShonk Designs May 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

They look way stylish! I wear glasses but they may me sleepy (?) so I try to stick to my contacts.

• Reply Vivi May 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I’m #teamfoureyes! I have only one pair of eyeglasses (Fendi) at the moment. Had it for almost 3 years. It’s time for me to cop a few more. A different color here, a different shape there. I’m into the geek glasses look and I bought a pair from ASOS a couple months ago. I’ve have to get it prescribed, though.

• Reply Karen May 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I love them!! I have been wearing glasses for 9 years, and lately I have been using my contacts more often! However, these glasses make me want to throw mine on more often!!

• Reply Cara-Mia May 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm

These look so good!! I’ve worn glasses forever, but started wearing contacts last July. I just ordered some Warby Parkers, though, because I’m starting to get tired of contacts all the time. I’ve never heard of this brand, though, and I’m going to look into them because your frames (and all the ones you tried on, really) are amazing.

• Reply Bree May 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Great choice! You make me want to wear glasses even though I don’t need them….is that wrong?

Cheers,
    Bree
    Dream in Fashion

• Reply Hanna May 23, 2012 at 2:59 am

hi jessie, first time on your blog and wanted to say hi! it was fun meeting you at christine’s party.

• Reply Santina May 23, 2012 at 4:04 am

Oh, I am blind without contacts. I wear them all the time and rarely wear my glasses out of the apartment. (I’ve maaaaaybe posted outfit pics twice with glasses!) But, I need to change that for the sake of my eyes and have been on the hunt for a perfect pair. Maybe the problem is that I’m limiting myself to one pair…is that what you’re saying? ;)

You look absolutely gorgeous in glasses!

• Reply ellen. May 23, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I wear contacts and glasses. Options for eyewear are fun- I think glasses can be super chic and sexy

• Reply Elisabeth June 8, 2012 at 5:43 am

Totally normal! I only need them for night time driving and long distance but I got some ADORABLE dark olive green Versace frames. I absolutely love them.

You can’t totally see the color, but here they are: http://anadventureinfindingbalance.com/2012/01/17/menswear-feminine/