Concrete Catwalk // Topknot & Tiptoes

May 4, 2012

See more of this weary traveler and her weekend wear, after the jump!

I am utterly exhausted from my whirlwind trips over the past few days (perhaps you could tell by the bags under my eyes), but it feels great to be back at home with G and my little Sadie-girl.  Speaking of home: It was so fun to see a few of our “Little Corners” be featured over on Design Crush yesterday – Be sure to check it out to see some sneak peeks of our space!

What are you guys up to this weekend?  I’m planning on doing some recuperating today… (let myself sleep in a bit and am headed to the spa this afternoon!), then catching up on lots of work, hopefully grabbing a Cinco de Mayo marg sometime tomorrow, and then we’re seeing my friends Off-Broadway Musical on Sunday!

Looking forward to staying in one Metropolitan area for more than 24 hours, and then getting ready to head back out on the road for more BAZAAR on Air cities next week… will be in San Antonio and Dallas Wednesday thru Friday – Do you have any can’t-miss shopping/eating destinations I should know about?  Feel free to share your travel tips in the comments, and I hope you have a FANTASTIC Friday!

Top to Bottom:
Necklace – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Shawl – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Tank top – Old Navy
Jacket – Zara
Cuff – c/o Kristin Hassan
Ring – Forever 21
Jeans – H&M (similar)
Ballet flats – J. Crew (similar)

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah May 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Fantastic Friday right back at you!
    Keep up your strength – you’ve got a few more weeks of that crazy schedule. :)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Laura Logan May 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Love your jacket! So effortless!

• Reply chris @ court + hudson May 4, 2012 at 1:42 pm

You’re so stinkin’ cute. Glad to have you back in time for margaritas. J + I have BIG plans – that include you. : )

• Reply Bev Weidner (Bev Cooks) May 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Okay now THIS one is my favorite! Check out your calf muscle. ;)

MISS YOU!

• Reply Erin May 4, 2012 at 2:55 pm

The poncho is really cute, and I love your home! You have such beautiful vintage touches! Totally reflects your style.

-Erin-

• Reply Greetings from Texas! May 4, 2012 at 3:07 pm

What’s up ballerina! Love that particular picture and pose! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

• Reply Ashlei M. May 4, 2012 at 3:11 pm

You’re too cute, and I love this outfit! The poncho is awesome :) Good luck with the rest of your travels!

~Ashlei

• Reply Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb May 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

You’ve styled this parka so brilliantly, Jessie, that I’m seriously considering getting one! Over a vintage shawl: genius!!!! Your style never ceases to wow me :)))

Have a fabulous weekend
    Catherine x

• Reply Lela May 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Unique and so gorgeous! Beautiful styling Jessie.

Besos,
    Lela
    Enter to WIN my hotel, afternoon tea and beauty Competition!

• Reply Adie May 4, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Love the picture especially the ballerina-esque pose! If you are going to Dallas, go to Hattie’s (modern take on Southern cuisine) in Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts area or Mesa Restaurant – Veracruz style food – I recommend the duck mole. It will change your life – no joke!

Shopping is always fun at NorthPark Center (Barney’s, Madewell, Neiman’s, etc.) or for cool finds: Krimson & Klover – a cute boutique store in a Victorian house or Cotton Island – love their jewelry and clothing.

• Reply Kate May 5, 2012 at 2:13 pm

That jacket is seriously amazing! I love it! And your dancer’s pose is both impressive & adorable!

• Reply Andrea Clare May 6, 2012 at 12:51 am

i love that jacket!

• Reply Terri May 6, 2012 at 5:42 am

You know after this tour is over–it would be cool to read a post on how to remain looking “fresh” during a period of travel like you’re doing. You’re looking better than you might feel.

• Reply Anna (South Molton St Style) May 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I feel like that jacket is following me – I need it in my life, keep seeing it everywhere! Love this look – the bright blue jeans are gorgeous with the gold pumps xx

South Molton St Style

• Reply Caitlin B May 6, 2012 at 11:38 pm

That hair is totally crazy and yet looks awesome on you. Also, I’m not an avid reader (though I try to keep up!) so, sorry if this is common knowledge, but were you ever a dancer? Good form!

• Reply Bettina May 7, 2012 at 7:36 am

That shawl is amazing, love the fringe at the ends! And these photos are awesome, kudos to your photog!

• Reply Tina.. May 7, 2012 at 10:13 am

You are beautiful! And a true ballerina ;)
    tina

• Reply Sara B May 8, 2012 at 5:34 am

You are a model. Did you know that? So so pretty! Hope you had a great weekend resting up and can’t wait for more of your adventures next week!!

• Reply April May 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm

In Dallas: If you like sushi check out Sushi Axiom on Knox/Henderson. Really tasty & cool atmosphere. Try The Vintagemobile for vintage. Cool experience… It’s a school bus that rides around town! They carries clothes, accessories, & some home decor. Super fun. And the owner, Jeremy, is really sweet.

Love your blog-
    April

• Reply Ria May 13, 2012 at 6:31 am

So exciting, love that Zara jacket.

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Weekend Windowpane | Style & Pepper January 16, 2014 at 7:46 am

[…] – Remember the last time I danced around in a jacket just like this […]