Concrete Catwalk // Blue Muumuu

May 9, 2012

Hitting the road again today, and this week, my BAZAAR on Air travels are taking me to the great state of Texas.  Check the BOA page for the channels and viewing times, and please tune in if you’re in town!

The forecast says we’ll be getting lots of rain (boo), so I’m posting these sunny shots from a few weekends ago in hopes that the brightness will follow me there.  ;)  Check out the full outfit post and my DIY turban-tying video after the jump!

A brisk walk to brunch with two of my best called for a breezy blue muumuu and a bold scarf in my hair.

How did I tie the said scarf, you say?  Check out my DIY turban-tying video and have a nice day!

(Yep, crackin’ myself up over here.)

Top to Bottom:
Silk scarf – Vintage, thrifted
Sunnies – Fred Flare (similar)
Dress – Vintage, thrifted (similar options here & here)
Bracelets – J. Crew and Gorjana
Ring – c/o Charlotte Russe (similar)
Necklace – J. Crew
Satchel – Vintage, was Mama’s
Metallic scarf (tied around my bag) – Street vendor
Heels – Target (similar)

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah May 9, 2012 at 11:24 am

You made that muu muu beau beautiful! ;)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Meagan May 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm

love your turban girl! so cute especially with long hair! looks great on you
    xoxo Meagan
    caseofcouture.com

• Reply Sydney May 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

love it! I am watching your video on silent because i’m at work, ssshhh haha. That blue is such a fabulous colour on you!

• Reply Andrea Clare May 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm

i love the pretty little wave in your hair!

• Reply CallyB May 10, 2012 at 4:09 am

You always have the best lipstick colors! What shade are you wearing in this picture?

• Reply The Fashionable ESQ May 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

You’r so cute. I like this laid back look. When are you coming to MIA? <3
    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ

• Reply the Queen City Style May 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Jessie… Thank you so much for this. I am a big fan of the scarf… I wear it all sorts of ways, but you’ve just given me a few more. Seriously, thank you! I’ve got my silk turban on as I type this! I’ll be sure to link back to your video when I style the turban on the Queen City Style!! Also, thanks for sharing all of those personal things in your other recent post. I’ve actually recently considered writing a series on my blog titled “I have insecurities,” though I would hate everyone to ruin their make up by going through a box of tissue over lil me. Anyway, my point is, thank you for sharing. Of course… I don’t know you, but I never in a million years would have guessed some of those things you shared. Thank you for making me feel normal :) You are a adorable and a dear and I hope we can meet someday in person! Fondly, Whitley http://www.thequeencitystyle.com