Concrete Catwalk // Sunbathing

April 10, 2012

I must say, I never thought I’d be posting swimwear photos on S&P, but I’m just too in-love with this cute suit to keep it to myself!  I love the retro style and punchy reddish-orange floral of this two-piece, and I have a feeling it’s going to stay in heavy beachwear-rotation this summer.

I think dressing for vacation is all about perfecting the multi-functional looks, and this is the second variation of the beachy brunch outfit I posted yesterday.  Still rocking the bright orange headwrap here, and there were so many tweets/emails wondering how to recreate something similar, that I figured I’d share this silk scarf turban how-to that I made several seasons ago, in case it gives you some fun ideas on how to twist up your own styles for summer!

If you love it, please share the video with your friends, and check out the other Style Spice episodes on my YouTube channel, S&P-TV!

Top to Bottom:
Swimsuit – Forever21 (similar)
Top – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Scarf – c/o Miguelina (swooning over their cover-ups, too!)
Sunnies – Buffalo Exchange (similar)

Pin It!

• Reply .Tinacious Me. April 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

this is such a great vacation outfit! love this look!
    xo, Tina
    TINACIOUS.ME

• Reply Melody April 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I was going to buy the same swimsuit! I wasn’t sure how it would look on me so I passed, but seeing how great you look I might go snatch it up! : )

• Reply kim @ pineapplemint April 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm

damn girl!

• Reply Raych April 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

What a great suit! Love that print.

• Reply Clémence April 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hey Jessie,

I love the first picture with the retro bikini and the little flowers in the background. Great setting! I love love love the shape of the swim suit, I’ll definitely opt for that this summer, although I am not as fit as you ;)
    Take care

Clemence

• Reply Krizia April 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I love this! It so tastefully and modestly highlights the hot bod :) Well done, Jessie. Very well done.

• Reply Gray Skies April 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I love the bright scarf! And I love the idea of using an oversized white button-up as a swimsuit cover-up – I’ll have to try that this summer.

• Reply Tessa: April 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Great swim briefs. Like the scarf in your hair

• Reply Cara April 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Wow, what a photo shoot! You look great in a retro bathing suit, and I just love it paired with the tied shirt, shades and flower. So beautiful!

• Reply natalie April 10, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Love the 5th photo Jessie. Gorgeous!

natalie

• Reply WebHauteJas April 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

i love retro bathing suits! own one myself! so much more character & sexiness!! & i love how you paired it with a classic white button shirt!

• Reply Xenia Kuhn April 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

really, really cute.

I♥FaShionRoLLa

• Reply Bettina April 10, 2012 at 9:20 pm

These photos are too cute! Love everything about this perfect retro sunbathing outfit!

• Reply Alexandra Evjen April 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Super cute girl!

• Reply NadineisthatU April 10, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Does your white blouse have SPF and Insect repellant woven in. Mine does. (Royal Robbins) Columbia sportwear has beautiful shirts for ‘expeditions’ to the water, in fine colors. Salt water blouses are well vented and have SPF, Fresh water have insect repellant as well. Worth the price. And, if you want your own color, use the dyes specifically for nylon and polyester. I have a wonderful “Apache Sunset” thanks to fabric dye. Carry on.

• Reply The Fashionable ESQ April 11, 2012 at 1:23 am

Really cute! Demure with the tie front shirt & boyshorts, and again, I love the scarf in your hair. <3

xx
    The Fashionable ESQ

• Reply Julie D. April 11, 2012 at 1:59 am

The white button-up was the perfect way to style that gorgeous retro bathing suit.
    You look stunning!

hudsoneast.blogspot.com

• Reply Amanda Raborn April 11, 2012 at 6:35 am

LOVE the suit! You look great and the button down sealed the deal.. And hey, flaunt it if ya got it :) Love the blog and am so glad I stumbled upon it. Keep in touch!

Amanda

• Reply Sara B April 11, 2012 at 7:27 am

You are so darling. And I’m pretty sure you have zero oz of fat on your body. way to work it sexy mama!!!

• Reply the Queen City Style April 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Hi! I am a new follower and somewhat new to the blogosphere… I started following you for inspiration, which you are beyond providing. I don’t even know where to start with this!… I have said,as much fun as it would be to present fabulous bathing fashions, that I would not do what you are doing here. And, there’s no need, because YOU are doing it so well! That bathing suit is to die for… the shirt, turban, glasses, jewels, stylish, images, coloring, natural lighting, the smile, your figure… Awesome post!

Warmest Regards, Whitley Adkins Hamlin