Concrete Catwalk // Spring Shorts

April 26, 2012
Me and Miss Sara B!  Check out her outfit post here!

Coming clean right now: I’ve been a shorts-fiend, lately!  I was thinking about how much I love them while I was editing these photos, and I realized that something like 75% of my Spring purchases have been shorts.  Teaser: there might even be a high-waisted pineapple print pair in the bunch!

I’ll take them corduroy and casual any day, but I also love wearing them dressed up with ladylike heels and a sheer peplum sweater for a night out on the town with friends (this particular outing involved Korean BBQ and Karaoke!).  Not only do I get to skip worrying about a gust of wind causing a wardrobe malfunction on the way to the train station, but there’s just something super fun and playful about them that brings to mind that tomboy vibe I told you I’ve been digging these days.

Check out my past styled-up shorts for Summer inspiration, and don’t forget to swing back by tomorrow for my fun news – Can’t wait to share! ;)

Top to Bottom:
Necklace – Angel Court Jewelry
Sweater – Vintage, Boomerang in KC (almost identical Alexander Wang on sale!)
Bracelets – Gorjana and c/o Charming Charlie
Rings (L to R) – Brooklyn Charm, J. Crew & Vintage
Shorts – H&M via Buffalo Exchange (similar)
Clutch – Macy’s (similar)
Wedge heels – Zara (this Marni pair is calling my name!)

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah April 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Girl, you pull off combinations that others would fear, and you do it beautifully! Thanks for always showing us: there are no rules! Just have fun! :)

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Angel Court Jewels... April 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love those shorts & the Angel Court!!! You look beautiful as always.

xoxo,
    Courtney

• Reply BmoreLoveLeigh April 26, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Love those wedges! The whole outfit is so fun and different. I agree with Natasha – you can pull off any combination and look outstanding!

• Reply April April 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

such a cute look. the sweater & shorts are an adorable pairing :)

-April

• Reply The Suburb Experiment April 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I’m on the shorts train with you! There’s only been a few days warm enough to wear them this year so far, but I keep acquiring more and more. :)

Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

• Reply Nuha April 26, 2012 at 4:51 pm

high waisted pineapple shorts?! ohmygosh..i already love them!

• Reply Sara B April 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

You are seriously the prettiest!! Loved snapping these pics with you and miss you so much! Can’t wait till those pineapple shorts make an appearance btw…

• Reply Andrea Clare April 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

you have the most amazing eyes!!

• Reply Ria April 26, 2012 at 5:07 pm

You look so darling, the shorts are so cute. I’ve been having a love affair with shorts lately too. If you’ve got high waisted pineapple ones, I need to step it up haha.

• Reply Krizia April 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Jessie, I <3 this outfit! Keep 'em coming! I'm a big fan of ladylike shorts too.

P.S. It was so great seeing you at the Poshmark Posh Party. Congrats on the event!

• Reply CINCHED AT THE WAIST April 26, 2012 at 5:38 pm

killer wedgies! I love that olive hue!

great style,
    Annina

• Reply Bree April 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

You pull of shorts so well! I don’t think my white legs are quite ready yet…

Also, can I just say that I love your hair? Please tell me that you spend hours on it and that it doesn’t just have the perfect amount of wave and volume naturally?

Cheers,
    Bree
    Dream in Fashion

• Reply Jessie @ Style and Pepper April 27, 2012 at 3:00 am

You’re going to HATE my answer… I only wash my hair every 10-14 days, but I think the reason it looks so fluffy here is because I had just washed/blown it dry. :) After I blow dry (which takes like 30-40 mins) I twist it into a low bun and let it cool while it’s clipped like that, and that seems to give me waves for a least a few days until the next time I hit it with a curling iron. Thanks for the lock love, though, hun!

• Reply Lia April 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm

What a GORGEOUS, chic look, Jessie! You look beautiful and I LOVE the shorts…and the wedges!
    xoxo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

• Reply A Stylized Hysteria April 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I love your outfit! And I really, really love your nail polish! Can you share the brand?

• Reply Jessie @ Style and Pepper April 27, 2012 at 2:58 am

Sure, girl! It’s an Essie color, and I think it was called Mint Candy Apple! I got them done at a salon, so don’t have the bottle to check. :) Glad you like! XO

• Reply Xenia Kuhn April 26, 2012 at 9:04 pm

super cool :)

• Reply Katie Aman April 27, 2012 at 3:30 am

I also have a love affair with fun pairs of shorts…I never was the girl to wear the tight shorty-shorts, so I love how the trend is moving to a more flowy and classy look. I love the color of your pair! Also, I have to say that your hair looks gorgeous in these photos! Such a pretty ensemble :)

• Reply Trish April 27, 2012 at 4:56 am

yes, HI…. love it! Love the look, the accessories, the makeup, the sweet then surprisingly silly and let’s be honest…..if I had your legs I might sport something shorter than the knee-covering things I wear these days:)

Happy Spring days to ya!

• Reply Tina.. April 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

You look amazing!
    And you have great legs dear ;)
    tina

• Reply the Queen City Style April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Love this! And, I was also noticing the muscles in your legs!! :)… Lookin’ good girl!

Regards, Whitley

• Reply Lela April 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Such an adorable look! Completely perfect for you :D

Besos,
    Lela
    Fashion Blog – Lela London

• Reply Heather June 18, 2012 at 7:51 pm

LOVE your shorts!

• Reply MackeyBlue June 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Love it all especially the vintage sweater….if you know where the Alexander Wang look alike is available, do let me know!