Concrete Catwalk // Spring Shorts

April 26, 2012
Me and Miss Sara B!  Check out her outfit post here!

Coming clean right now: I’ve been a shorts-fiend, lately!  I was thinking about how much I love them while I was editing these photos, and I realized that something like 75% of my Spring purchases have been shorts.  Teaser: there might even be a high-waisted pineapple print pair in the bunch!

I’ll take them corduroy and casual any day, but I also love wearing them dressed up with ladylike heels and a sheer peplum sweater for a night out on the town with friends (this particular outing involved Korean BBQ and Karaoke!).  Not only do I get to skip worrying about a gust of wind causing a wardrobe malfunction on the way to the train station, but there’s just something super fun and playful about them that brings to mind that tomboy vibe I told you I’ve been digging these days.

Check out my past styled-up shorts for Summer inspiration, and don’t forget to swing back by tomorrow for my fun news – Can’t wait to share! ;)

Top to Bottom:
Necklace – Angel Court Jewelry
Sweater – Vintage, Boomerang in KC (almost identical Alexander Wang on sale!)
Bracelets – Gorjana and c/o Charming Charlie
Rings (L to R) – Brooklyn Charm, J. Crew & Vintage
Shorts – H&M via Buffalo Exchange (similar)
Clutch – Macy’s (similar)
Wedge heels – Zara (this Marni pair is calling my name!)

Pin It!

• Reply Natasha Fatah April 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Girl, you pull off combinations that others would fear, and you do it beautifully! Thanks for always showing us: there are no rules! Just have fun! :)

~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply Angel Court Jewels... April 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love those shorts & the Angel Court!!! You look beautiful as always.

• Reply BmoreLoveLeigh April 26, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Love those wedges! The whole outfit is so fun and different. I agree with Natasha – you can pull off any combination and look outstanding!

• Reply April April 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

such a cute look. the sweater & shorts are an adorable pairing :)

• Reply The Suburb Experiment April 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I’m on the shorts train with you! There’s only been a few days warm enough to wear them this year so far, but I keep acquiring more and more. :)

The Suburb Experiment

• Reply Nuha April 26, 2012 at 4:51 pm

high waisted pineapple shorts?! ohmygosh..i already love them!

• Reply Sara B April 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

You are seriously the prettiest!! Loved snapping these pics with you and miss you so much! Can’t wait till those pineapple shorts make an appearance btw…

• Reply Andrea Clare April 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

you have the most amazing eyes!!

• Reply Ria April 26, 2012 at 5:07 pm

You look so darling, the shorts are so cute. I’ve been having a love affair with shorts lately too. If you’ve got high waisted pineapple ones, I need to step it up haha.

• Reply Krizia April 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Jessie, I <3 this outfit! Keep 'em coming! I'm a big fan of ladylike shorts too.

P.S. It was so great seeing you at the Poshmark Posh Party. Congrats on the event!

• Reply CINCHED AT THE WAIST April 26, 2012 at 5:38 pm

killer wedgies! I love that olive hue!

great style,

• Reply Bree April 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

You pull of shorts so well! I don’t think my white legs are quite ready yet…

Also, can I just say that I love your hair? Please tell me that you spend hours on it and that it doesn’t just have the perfect amount of wave and volume naturally?

Dream in Fashion

• Reply Jessie @ Style and Pepper April 27, 2012 at 3:00 am

You’re going to HATE my answer… I only wash my hair every 10-14 days, but I think the reason it looks so fluffy here is because I had just washed/blown it dry. :) After I blow dry (which takes like 30-40 mins) I twist it into a low bun and let it cool while it’s clipped like that, and that seems to give me waves for a least a few days until the next time I hit it with a curling iron. Thanks for the lock love, though, hun!

• Reply Lia April 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm

What a GORGEOUS, chic look, Jessie! You look beautiful and I LOVE the shorts…and the wedges!
    Smart n Snazzy

• Reply A Stylized Hysteria April 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I love your outfit! And I really, really love your nail polish! Can you share the brand?

• Reply Jessie @ Style and Pepper April 27, 2012 at 2:58 am

Sure, girl! It’s an Essie color, and I think it was called Mint Candy Apple! I got them done at a salon, so don’t have the bottle to check. :) Glad you like! XO

• Reply Xenia Kuhn April 26, 2012 at 9:04 pm

super cool :)

• Reply Katie Aman April 27, 2012 at 3:30 am

I also have a love affair with fun pairs of shorts…I never was the girl to wear the tight shorty-shorts, so I love how the trend is moving to a more flowy and classy look. I love the color of your pair! Also, I have to say that your hair looks gorgeous in these photos! Such a pretty ensemble :)

• Reply Trish April 27, 2012 at 4:56 am

yes, HI…. love it! Love the look, the accessories, the makeup, the sweet then surprisingly silly and let’s be honest…..if I had your legs I might sport something shorter than the knee-covering things I wear these days:)

Happy Spring days to ya!

• Reply Tina.. April 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

You look amazing!
    And you have great legs dear ;)

• Reply the Queen City Style April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Love this! And, I was also noticing the muscles in your legs!! :)… Lookin’ good girl!

Regards, Whitley

• Reply Lela April 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Such an adorable look! Completely perfect for you :D

Fashion Blog – Lela London

• Reply Heather June 18, 2012 at 7:51 pm

LOVE your shorts!

• Reply MackeyBlue June 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Love it all especially the vintage sweater….if you know where the Alexander Wang look alike is available, do let me know!