Concrete Catwalk // Baseball & Balenciaga

April 12, 2012

My husband and his family are huge Angels fans, and I like to say that when G and I tied the knot – I essentially married into the game.  I’ve got dozens of games up in Anaheim under my belt, but few have been exciting as going to the season home opener when some exciting new players have been added to the team.

Wanna know what else is exciting?  Getting to wear your fun new summer sandals (for the first time) that you bought at a Barney’s Warehouse Sale on a wintry 20-degree February day… OH ya – that’s exciting. ;)

I made sure to pair them with a real baseball cap and some playful patterned separates to keep the look feeling sporty instead of overly-styled.  (See the last time I wore a baseball cap here.)

Alright, now it’s your turn to fess up…  Are you a baseball-girl that’s excited for the new season?  I wanna know which team you’re rooting for!!!

Top to Bottom:
Baseball Cap – G’s closet
Sunnies – Buffalo Exchange (similar)
T-shirt – Boys section of TJ Maxx (similar)
Denim jacket – Thrifted (similar – only $25!)
Leather jacket – H&M (similar)
Handbag – Vintage, was Mama’s
Maxi skirt – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Sandals – Balenciaga, Barney’s (a pretty teal pair here, and reddish ones here)

Pin It!

• Reply .Tinacious Me. April 12, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Jessie, I just love the way your heels matches the cap!
    xo, Tina
    TINACIOUS.ME ~ TINACIOUS.ME

• Reply Natasha Fatah April 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I am loving this baseball hat trend.
    After seeing lots of it in the NYFW collection, I decided to sport one recently too (you see it on the blog). I used to wear them all the time in highschool, but that was more of a TLC/Hip Hop look I had going….now it’s got a different edge. Anyway, love it, and love your outfit! :)

xoxo

~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Reply BmoreLoveLeigh April 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Killer shoes, Jessie!!! Love them!

• Reply Raych April 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love this! I’ve been looking for a way to class up my Twins gear (hubs is die hard). Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply Olivia April 12, 2012 at 2:28 pm

ugh those shoes and that leather jacket! I loveeeeee this look! you always look so amazingly perfect, Jessie!

xx Olivia
    IWANTTHESESHOES

• Reply jensen April 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Go Royals for-eva!!!!

(I have the cutest landlady of all times.)

• Reply Samantha April 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I’m a born and bred die-hard Yankee fan…so I’d have to switch out the Angels hat for a Yank cap. Great outfit, though!

<3 Samantha

• Reply Jessica Gitler April 12, 2012 at 3:58 pm

love the way that you can pull off a baseball cap with pretty much anything, you look awesome!
    jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

• Reply amy April 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I am an absolute die hard baseball fan! I root for my country’s team, The Toronto Blue Jays!

You look lovely!!!

sending you happy spells

amyflyingakite.com

• Reply Julie D. April 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Way to dress up for the game! I love how you layered a leather jacket over a denim one.

hudsoneast.blogspot.com

• Reply rebecca April 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm

husband would pass out if I wore that to a game. I always slum it on the bleacher seats! ha

• Reply Kenzi April 12, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Went to opening night for the Cincinnati Reds!!! Woo – hoo!! (Josh Hutchinson aka Peeta Mellark threw the opening pitch so that was a plus)

I tried to look casual but not to bummy. I had a Reds Tee under a gray cardi and black jeggings & Toms. I had planned on wearing a midi-skirt but it was a little chilly still

• Reply NadineisthatU April 12, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Yes, you pass! I fold in the hat if it too big, and cover with scarf, and weigh it down with a medallion belt, and cinch up the chain. This keep my eyes down and demure, keeps hat on (always undercover), and no sun glasses necessaire. Optic Nerve, Quelle damage.

• Reply Karissa April 12, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Adorable! Love the whole outfit, especially the orange sandals with matching nails!

• Reply PurplesPrettier April 13, 2012 at 1:16 am

You and your baseball caps… I love it!! Such a cute trend.

• Reply Sarah April 13, 2012 at 1:59 am

Not many gals can pull off a baseball cap this stylishly dear! It looks so cute on you! T and I are going to our first baseball game next week (Mets this time, but we’ll try out the Yankees too, not choosing sides yet!)! Looking forward to it although I have no idea of the rules…!

• Reply Joanne M April 13, 2012 at 3:15 am

This is such a fun look! Love it:)

• Reply The Fashionable ESQ April 13, 2012 at 3:42 am

The sandals are a great find! The color is awesome. I’m not a baseball girl but one of my favorite all time dates with my boyfriend was at Fenway (Yankees/Red Sox!)
    xx,
    The Fashionable ESQ
    PS: having a giveaway! drop by!