Peppery Picks // Navy & Neutral

March 27, 2012

I may be jumping the gun a little bit on the warm-weather gear here, but we just booked our trip to Southern California for Easter and I cannot wait to pack my bags for a (hopefully) sunny week at the shore!

Currently dreaming of these nautical inspired pieces that are just the right combo of navy & neutral, which means they’d be perfect for mixing and matching all week long.  I especially love the bathing suit, and might actually have to add it to my swimwear options before we go… I don’t have many that aren’t two-pieces, but this one is just too cute to pass up!

I’m curious: are you a bikini beach-goer or do you stick with the one-pieces when it comes to your bathing suit of choice?

Shop the Look:
1. Thread Social Seersucker Dress, $165
2. Alkemie Marine Cuffs, $129
3. DVF Voleta Rope-tie Sandals, $150
4. Land’s End Anchor Belt, $50
5. Reef Lost Waters Flats, $52
6. Rebelette Stripe Scarf, $46
7. Seafolly Gingham Maillot, $168

Pin It!

• Reply Natalie March 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm

oh my goodness OBSESSED with that swimsuit! So 50s fab! and love the flats, awesome post! http://www.fashionifancy.com

• Reply Xenia Kuhn March 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm

This belt is so awesome!

FaShionRoLLa

• Reply Genny March 27, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Cute, cute, cute! I’m pretty sure I just ordered a lot of similar pieces from Old Navy for the fraction of the price … except for those heels. ON had nothing like that and they are amazing!!

• Reply Sofia H. March 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm

That maillot is so gorgeous!

• Reply Grace - Stripes and Sequins March 27, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Such a good round-up… love the flats!

• Reply Sylvia from Dare to DIY March 27, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Vichy print bathing suit is soooo cute. It must be so flattering! I have to find a lowcost version.

• Reply NadineisthatU March 28, 2012 at 6:20 am

Get the dress and make do with what you’ve got. Just add a little insert under the arm to take any perspiration to behind the bra side. It’s a wick thing. You can figure it out. Maybe spray a little repellant around on it incase a coffee or tea tips in your direction, Or use the belt to absorb the stain, and immediately put that piece of the belt in some ice water. It was done all the time. Then you flap the chilled belt on the offender, rechill, and touch it to the temples, wrists, any where you need it. Always have a glace of crushed ice for show, preferably shaved, and spoon it, can add vodka if you must, let pieces of fruit be the flavor. This broadcast was brought to you by my memories of Mama in Charleston in the ’50s. Oh, for maternity shorts, always mens boxer shorts because you can use them later for lint-free wrags.(Men who wear briefs are uncaring and don’t need to be fathers. Abandon them You don’t need to raise someone elses grown child) The old waistbands can be used to roll and bundle beach towels. All money spent on the Maternity Coutoure, usually loaned from coast to coast. I Love Lucy had nothing on my mother when it came to maternity clothes and hat..

• Reply Ally March 28, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I’m usually a two-piecer, but recently found a 1950’s inspired royal blue one piece that I love. I have been rockin’ it ever since!