Life // Busy as a Bee!

March 20, 2012
 Fave photo from this past weekend:
My little sidekick and I in the center of Times Square.

I’m knee deep in styling work, DIY projects and going from having one miniature houseguest last weekend to THREE more this coming weekend… which unfortunately means no outfit post for today, forgive me?

I thrive most when I’ve got a busy schedule, but this week I’m trying my hardest not to get overwhelmed.  Any tips for staying focused and avoiding the spread-too-thin burn out?  I’d love to hear them in the comments if you can think of any to share!

Pin It!

• Reply Natalie March 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I love to unwind by taking a long walk through the nearest park, which for me is the lovely Madison Square Park. Or a run along the East River after work, especially now that it’s staying late longer! Happy Spring! http://www.fashionifancy.com

• Reply Grace - Stripes and Sequins March 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Ahh, good luck Jessie!! I know how you feel! Just try to breathe, get out for long runs along the river… and my favorite… take baths! 20 minutes in the tub = you’ll be a new woman! xoxo

• Reply Vonae Deyshawn March 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

What an awesome problem to have. : ) I love your site and what you’ve created for yourself. How inspiring! When I’m feeling super stressed, I like to grab an icecream cone and take a nice stroll through the park or a quiet area with beautiful scenery.

Vonae Deyshawn

• Reply Market Publique March 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm

When I’m feeling overbooked, I get super organized and plan the whole week ahead down to the hour (gcal addict!). If I know when I’m getting something done then I don’t need to stress about it the whole time. I make sure I always carry around a phone charger so I can do work & check email in between meetings and keep the inbox from overflowing. I also try to schedule meetings back to back on the same day so I can take chunks of uninterrupted time to do work on other days. And the one that saves me the most time? Planning outfits a few days before! That usually is what makes me late – realizing my blazer is at the cleaners and having to start from scratch on what to wear!

• Reply Trish March 21, 2012 at 2:11 am

First off…LOVE the picture! Next, I lived just like that while traveling the wold for at about 7 years (4 of whih I lived on about 4 hour sleep each night) so I totally get it. My advice: take a moment with YOU each day…just YOU and some little way to celebrate the day…step out onto the balcony…take in the view…deep breath…even a bubble bath…maybe even a bubble bath ON the balcony…hehehe…find your way to unwind (even if only for 5 minutes) and do it….Basically my motto is: treat each day as a new adventure!!!
    hugs n love
    Trish

• Reply cait - pretty and fun March 21, 2012 at 2:12 am

Break down larger tasks into smaller, easy to check off items – it helps to have it all down in front of you.

Also, keep to do lists short. Instead of making one massive one, break down everything by the day so you don’t get overwhelmed.

xo.

• Reply Saturday Sequins March 21, 2012 at 3:40 am

Here’s one of my favorite posts, from my friend Kristen, on staying focused: http://graphicdesignconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/01/staying-focused.html

She’s a smart cookie. :)