I also wanted to include some of my favorite takeaways from the actual conference programming, and if you were there, you’re welcome to add any information you found to be helpful to the comments below!
- “Create a structure for your posts. Ask the “who, what, where, why” and start with a strong lead.” and “There’s always going to be a place for a good, strong, independent voice.”– Ann Coville Somma of Cult of Pretty
- “Be as curious as possible. Give context to your posts and tell a story.” – Can’t remember who said this… Anyone?
- “They can copy what you’ve done, but they can’t copy what you WILL do.” – Jess Moore of Stylebook
- “Take all of the criticism you get – encourage it, and you’ll only get better.” – Caroline Waxler of Lucky Magazine
- “Let your blog be what drives your purpose, not what IS your purpose.” and “Anyone who discourages you from taking your own path, is most likely not following their own.” – Kendi Skeen of Kendi Everyday