Concrete Catwalk // Laid-back and Layered

March 2, 2012

Feels like it’s been a bit of a busy week here at Style & Pepper, no?  I’m leaving you with a laid-back and layered look that I wore on a recent weekend (perfect for digging around the Barney’s Warehouse Sale and trying things on under my clothes – ha!), in hopes that we can start looking forward to the days off ahead.

We’re having a Housewarming Party at our place tomorrow (finally!), so I’ll be running around prepping for that today and then looking forward to some girl time with some lovely ladies after church on Sunday.  What are you guys up to this weekend?

Top to Bottom:
Sunnies – Anthropologie (similar)
Necklace – Vintage, was Nana’s (similar)
Sweater – Brandy Melville (similar)
Leather jacket – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Maxi dress – Vintage, thrifted – last worn here! (similar)
Belt – J. Crew (similar – AND reversible to black!)
Bangles – Vintage, various
Bracelet – c/o Maya BrennerHandbag – Botkier
Leopard flats – Sam Edleman

Pin It!

• Reply Andrea Clare March 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Ive never seen a belt done this way!

• Reply Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb March 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Such an eclectic mix… you’re always such an inspiration Jessie! Really love the vintage jacket and the bag is such a gorgeous soft blue :))

Catherine x

• Reply NadineisthatU March 3, 2012 at 2:48 am

I just had a video come up on YouTube subscriber, a Russian Channel, based out of Tel Aviv, and the video is of a program from the 80’s. It is a style I have never seen before, on the singer, and I said, Jessie can pull that off with style. Let me know if you at least get a giggle out of it.

• Reply NadineisthatU March 3, 2012 at 2:49 am

Woop, I forgot to put the link (What’s New, Pussycat?) From Russia with Love, a dancing outfit from the eighties, HERE WE GO (maybe) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usTTqwK-ZAo

• Reply Lexi March 3, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I must get my hands on those leopard loafers!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

• Reply Alyssa March 4, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Great outfit!

• Reply Living in Color March 5, 2012 at 5:05 am

I absolutely LOVE layering maxi’s as skirts, and this floral one is just perfect! It inspires me to thrift more. I’m working on it! lol Also, your mint bag is to die for! I’ve given in to the most perfect trend this spring… mint!
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

• Reply jennifer and jessica March 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

i love your leopard loaferss!! great look

• Reply Tobe | Because It's Awesome March 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Holy smokes, Jessie, THAT BAG!!! And the pattern play here…I don’t know how you do it and make it look so GOOD! ox

• Reply Emily March 5, 2012 at 4:12 pm

This is fabulous. I’ve always been afraid to pair sweaters or any slouchy top with skirts (especially maxis!) for feer of just look like a pole covered in fabric. The way you’ve belted this look proves it can be done! Will definitely be using this for inspiration soon!

Emily